Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 opinions of the whisker biscuit? >

opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Old 04-05-2004, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Im not looking to get nor use one of these things. Im just wondering if anyone really does. They just dont seem like they would work right.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: opinions of the whisker biscuit?

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/search.asp?appid=
Old 04-08-2004, 12:08 AM

I use one and love it. I have the drop tine model with the opening in the ring. I can nock an arrow very quickly, much faster than with my old prong rest. The arrow stays in the rest no matter which way I turn the bow or how hard I draw. My only complaint is it tends to tear up the fletchings after 50 or so shots, but I've found ways to fix those. I wouldn't give mine up for any of the more expensive rests out there!
gh
Old 04-08-2004, 04:02 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm afraid to comment negatively about these things in fear of being ridiculed so lets do it positively:

If you have a problem with your arrow falling off your rest and want to shoot it through a broom they are awesome!

Is there any other reason to go with one?
Old 04-08-2004, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm starting to dislike the WB just from having to defend it every other day![:'(]
Old 04-08-2004, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure I want to respond to this thread. It just doesn't seem to be worded right.[:'(]

Does anyone really have a question that someone could answer without feeling like their judgement has already been insulted?

Lots of people don't like the Biscuit, and never will. I used to be one of them, and sold the first one I bought. I do still use a prong rest on one of my bows, and have two "horseshoe launcher" rests.

The prong/horseshoe rests 1. are easier on soft vanes. 2. shoot accurately when properly tuned. 3. do not contain the arrow, although the arrow does not fall off too easily in most situations. 4. have to be covered with some material (which wears out) to quiet the sound of the arrow being drawn across the rest. 5. Have springs, return mechanisms, etc. than can come loose, and vibrate when the bow is shot, although most are not really loud.

The Whisker Biscuit rests 1. do not damage firm vanes or feathers when properly fletched.
2. shoot accurately when properly tuned. 3. Do contain the arrow in any reasonable situation.
4. are silent when my arrows (Axis) are drawn, but can make a very slight hiss when used with rough finish carbons like Gold tips, and do not wear out for thousands of shots. 5. Have no moving parts, springs, etc. and contribute no noise or vibration when shot.

I would agree that they don't seem right, and when the big thing for years was to avoid fletch contact, would inspire sceptisism. They do seem to work right though, at least in my experience.

The Biscuits seem to be getting right up there with Mathews bows and Mechanical broadheads as far as a topic of controversy goes.[:@][:'(][][&:][8D][8D][8D]
Old 04-08-2004, 07:31 AM

I tired one, but couldnt get my arrows to fly right. I dont think they are very good rests.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:45 PM

My opinion: I tried it...I love it...

It does take it's toll on fletching, but the benifits outweight this. It was the easiest sight I've used to tune with.

Only rest I would use other than the bisket is a drop away style.

The best thing about the bisket is the price. If you buy one and don't care for it, then your not out a lot of money for your time.

Give one a try.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Dominant Buck

I have asked for more input on the advantage of the wisker biscuit but still have only come up with how well it keeps the arrow from falling off the rest. It finally dawned on my why this is so important.

It helps with those who have target panic better known as Big Buck Jitters. At least you'll get the shot off.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:57 PM

It finally dawned on my why this is so important.

It helps with those who have target panic better known as Big Buck Jitters. At least you'll get the shot off.
whats up with this......It finally dawned on my why this is so important.

Quick Reply: opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.