Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 GOLD TIP GLADIATOR BROADHEADS ARCHERY ARROWS >

GOLD TIP GLADIATOR BROADHEADS ARCHERY ARROWS

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GOLD TIP GLADIATOR BROADHEADS ARCHERY ARROWS

Old 04-02-2004, 10:54 AM

Default GOLD TIP GLADIATOR BROADHEADS ARCHERY ARROWS

Does anyone know about these broadheads? Do you have any input good or bad?
85/100 GRAIN GLADIATOR BROADHEADS THE GLADIATOR IS THE FIRST BROADHEAD TO COMBINE THE BENEFITS OF BOTH FIXED AND EXPANDABLE BROADHEADS. IT FLIES LIKE A TARGET POINT AND PROVIDES A 1 1/2" CUTTING DIAMETER WHEN DEPLOYED,7/8" WHEN CLOSED. A BONE CRUSHING HOLLOW-GROUND REPLACEABLE CHISEL POINT MAXIMIZES PENETRATION

Thanks,

Tim
Old 04-02-2004, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GOLD TIP GLADIATOR BROADHEADS ARCHERY ARROWS

..."Gladiator", loved the movie, but I don't think the broadhead is anything extra ordinary. The "poly" or composite ferrule is a negative in my opinion. I don't question its strength but I have had a few that would not spin true regardless of what I did. That bothers me. The good news is that they work and they are not that expensive.

However, the one I did use on a big bodied buck performed flawlessly. It entered slightly in front of the right flank and went out the front of the chest, into the dirt, and was no worse for the wear. On a larger than average animal it was indeed impressive to get that kind of penetration.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tested them a while back and they did well. Penetration is not as good as with other heads but they make large wound channels! If you have extra KE they should work fine. I would recomend at least 60 ft/lbs to get the results you want.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:34 AM

Beware of the composite body. I shot a doe this year (small one) with a Gladiator. Don't get me wrong, she only ran 25 yards. What I did'nt like was pulling an arrow out of the ground with no broadhead on. What I really did'nt like was finding the composite part of the head (-2 fixed blades) on the ground 4 yards from where my deer lay. After that, I quit useing them (affraid to see what would happen on a 100+ pound animal). I have friends that swear by them.

Despite the above paragraph: Gold Tip arrows are AWESOME! and I will continue to shoot them.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

...Ive shot them..... two thumbs down...but i love there carbon arrows..