Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Buiscuts, what do you think??? >

Whisker Buiscuts, what do you think???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Buiscuts, what do you think???

Old 03-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Spike

Default Whisker Buiscuts, what do you think???

i am think of putting one on my bow its a hoyt razor tech. i have had a lot of people tell me they are great and other that dont like them. also i have been told that the new ones with the notch cutout of the whiskers arent as good as the older style. i will still use my drop away for shoots.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:29 PM

Default RE: Whisker Buiscuts, what do you think???

I used to shoot one. If you shoot alot, they seem to tear up the vanes pretty bad. I was having to refletch every few weeks. They also slowed my arrow speed down about 5 fps. No big deal really. Other than that, the rest worked great. The full arow containment is awesome for hunting out of a tree stand. It is the only rest that I have used that I could completely forget about the arrow while drawing back.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Been using the old style for 2 years now and love it. Shoots feathers and vanes exectly the same but very tough on feathers. Bought my kid a new bow this year and didnt think twice about what rest to use!
Old 03-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Spike

what about fine tuning them i had a friend that shoot a bow tech patroit and he could not make his fly straight throw it at all we tried everything, took it to three pro shops and no one could figure it out. i am pretty sure i will throw one on this year though.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Dominant Buck

I tried one for about 1 month. It sucked. I could never get my grouping the same. It was good for keeping the arrow put, never could get it right for shooting. I gave it away to some else on this message board. I still don't know if he likes it or not.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:24 PM

I reccomend using the correct spine arrows for the bow when tuning. The correct position for the windage of the rest is not always going to be 3/4" away from the riser or where some lazer says it should be. You can determine where the proper windage setting is by shooting the bow. Often the bow will shoot its narrowest groups when the rest is about 1/8 to the outside of the centerline of the bow. Good luck hunting!
Old 03-21-2004, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

BHF - Go to the top of the page to "search" and type in Whisker Biscuit . It will give you tons of responses and might have the answer you're looking for . The WB has been discussed quite a bit and there are only a few responses in this thread .
Old 03-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

read this it should help you some

http://www.broadheadtests.com/whiskerbisc..html
Old 03-21-2004, 10:54 AM

I would not recomend getting a whisker biscuit. I got one and I could not get good arrow flight out of the thing. Which makes sense cuz the fletchings are hitting the stuff as they go through. I just wanted to try it though. But if you do want one I got mine on sale on E-bay.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:19 AM

"...what about fine tuning them i had a friend that shoot a bow tech patroit and he could not make his fly straight throw it at all we tried everything, took it to three pro shops and no one could figure it out. i am pretty sure i will throw one on this year though."

Makes terrific sense!

Quick Reply: Whisker Buiscuts, what do you think???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.