Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Darton........good looking bow >

Darton........good looking bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Darton........good looking bow

Old 03-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Default Darton........good looking bow

After a doctor's appt. today, I went to a pro shop I visit now and then. They carry Matthews as their main line. After questioning Toby as to why they don't carry Bowtech and no longer carry Martin, he just sort of shrugged his shoulders and didn't say much.

But to my surprise they do now carry a few Dartons, and I must say Darton are fine looking bows! The Avalanche was a nice bow, but soon they will have a couple Maverick Express's in stock. To be honest, the grips and feel of the Dartons in stock were a much better fit for me. I was impressed with limb design and the CPS cams are proven. When I can shoot again in a few weeks, Darton is seriously going to be shot and checked out. I really believe anyone looking for a new bow and have access to any Darton bows should give them serious consideration. JMO.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Darton........good looking bow

Yes, another has seen the truth! I fell in love with the CPS system a few years ago. The grip design fits me well and you get a lot of speed for such a smooth drawing bow. I love my rampage.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

What 5-shot said , the guys I hunt with in pa demanded I try a darton , and man am I glad they did . Right now Im shooting a mavrick extreme and it is realy nice smooth quiet and fast , My 2 slight bitches are 1 , the draw stop is prety fragile [ mine was damaged on arivial in shiping ] and 2, the same old cabel seperation isue that all bows of this design have , man cant someone fix this ? Its been a known problem for years , keeping winners choice in business I guess .
Old 03-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Hey 5er, after looking at Darton's specs, that Avalanche Extreme may be what I am looking for. 34 7/8" ata and 7.25" brace height. Dang nice looking bow!

Old 03-18-2004, 09:53 PM

I saw one today (forget which model--$400 range though). Looked really nice. Nice grip. Pulled back smooth. Did'nt shoot it though. My only complaint would be the limb cup system. Appeared to be old technology. I feel if they improved the system, they may attrack more Hoyt shooters. JMO.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice grip. Pulled back smooth
These are the major pluses of these bows , the cam pulls butter smooth , smooth genrous valley and 80% letoff . The only 80% letoff bow that you can let down on without it trying to rip your shoulder out . Try that with a mathews and youll be in pain !
Old 03-19-2004, 06:51 AM

Wow, I was actually looking at the Tundra Extreme just yesterday. I'm not in the market right now, but would seriously consider one. Is this a case of Hunting Net ESP or what?

Model Tundra Extreme
Item # 9656
Draw Weight 50,60,70
Draw Length 27 7/8 - 32 3/8"
Axle - Axle 40"
Brace Height 7 1/2"
Mass Weight 4.18 lbs.
Eff. Let-OfF 70% or 80%
AMO/IBO 237.5/311.5

80% Effective is Standard - 65% AMO modules are available.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I shot the Tundra Extreme over the weekend and liked it a lot. Fits me very well. Looks like I should be getting one in about 4-6 weeks.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:03 AM

good for you! i have owned a new maverick extreme for two months now, and haven't looked back. it is a great shooter. fast, and smooth.
the minute draw length adjustments are a plus too. you can get it right where you want it.

i won't say what i walked in to the shop to buy, but you see what i walked out with.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me, son & Brother have shot Darton for several years now thou we have shot many others over the years. I purchased a new Striker single cam last fall & at 60# peak you can see it was plenty for a complete pass thru on this Buff last week-41 yard shot. I see no reason to shoot anything else as darton has delivered in every way for my staff.

Quick Reply: Darton........good looking bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.