Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ran into Chuck Adams today >

Ran into Chuck Adams today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ran into Chuck Adams today

Old 03-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Spike

Default RE: Ran into Chuck Adams today

I also read Chuck's new book "Life at Full Draw" and it gives you some insight into this man. He's living proof if you want to acheive something bad enough it can be done without selling out....

He's at the Cleveland sport show next weekend talking about "Bowhunting Misadventures"
Old 03-14-2004, 02:22 PM

Atlasman,
Did Chuck mention at the seminar anything about thw Adams arrow holster? I read that he planned on reintroducing it it 2004.
P.S I am jealous you met him he is my hero.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:23 AM
Spike

I look forward to his bowhunting article every month in NAHC magazine. This guy knows what he is talking about!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:35 AM

Not my hero but highly respected, and look at all the trees he's saved by not shooting at paper
Old 03-15-2004, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

He's one of the "a big ole bull ONLY travels with the wind in his face" guys. Check out the Favorite BS thread on here for the full rundown.

I would love to ask Chuck Adams about some of the amazing facets of the story surrounding his first world record bull elk, arrowed in '01 or '02. First, before he shot that bull, the top 10 P&Y bulls came almost exclusively from AZ or NM. Then, he shoots this bull in MT, the same year some other guy kills the then #3 nontypical bull, also in MT. These facts make you go, hmm, but so what?

Well, how about this? Does anyone realize that mere months before this amazing turn of events in MT, the state voted by referendum to ban game farming? We had dozens of these farms, producing 400+ bulls for people to "hunt". Then, the people ban the game farms, then the next fall two guys put MT bulls into a domain of the P&Y books previously owned by the southwest. Is anybody out there beginning to have some questions now? Do you think maybe some of those 400-inch pretend bulls were suddenly on the market for somebody with the right coin?

Finally, the first account I read by Adams right after the hunt actually proclaimed that the outfitter who guided him to this new world record didn't want his name mentioned in the article. EXCUSE ME! You're an outfitter, and you guided this guy to the new world record, can there be any better advertising than that? But, no, shucks, I don't want anybody to know who I am. Give me a break!

I would like to ask Mr. Adams these questions.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-15-2004, 06:18 PM

Chuck Adams is in class all by himself when it comes to trophy bowhunting.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:50 PM

As far as Chucks new record bull. And the other guys I'm sure they were'nt the only two guys with Elk tags in that section of MT. I am puzzled why the outfitter would not want to be mentioned. I'm not surprised that Chuck was one of the two to nail one. Hey they became open game. And its funny someone would suspect foul play. Just look at the all his other records. And to suggest that he bought his opportunity. He certainatly did not buy his skill as an archer or as a hunter. And its hard work and dedcation that fills record books. Not money. Sure there are probablly some animals that made it in the books under suspicious circumstances. But I beleive Chuck Adams to be that damn good. The jealous retracting gets old.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Chuck Adams has one of the best reputations in the archery world, due to the fact that he hunts legally and fairly, otherwise he would be knee deep in accusations all of the time like Mitch Rompola with his supposed world record whitetail. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMHO The outfitter did not want to be mentioned because he did not want people flocking to the same area he hunts? Chucks bull was killed on public land. If you overrun the area with people the quality hunting turns out to be crappy hunting.
Chuck & some kid named Brandon shot there monster bulls on the same day in 2000 but in seperate parts of the state. Chuck was hunting on public land. Brandon was hunting on private land. Chuck & Brandon talked to each other about there hunts & vowed not to disclose there hunting spots. They did this so they would not ruin the area.

Quick Reply: Ran into Chuck Adams today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.