Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Illinois or Iowa???? >

Illinois or Iowa????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois or Iowa????

Old 03-11-2004, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Illinois or Iowa????

Iowa held the number one spot. Don't remember where Illinois stood.
Oh, Illinois had to rank in somwhere in the bottom 47 or so!!

All the kidding these guys are doing aside.......Yes, deffinatly go to Iowa!! We have no more monster deer in Illionois. It is a misconception that all these healthy bean and corn fields give the animal the proper nutrition to grow big antlers!! It is a big conspiracy by other states just to get them to come to our state!!

Either way, good luck.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Z71GeorgiaHunter,
Illinois does produce a ton of bruisers. If you look at who the posts are coming from they are all from Illinois residents. They are just carying on so everyone doesn't go running to Illinois for their next bow hunt
Old 03-11-2004, 11:27 AM

You could "TRY" to go to Iowa .. but it took me 3 years in the lottery to draw a tag. In Illinois you just need to be paying attention when the licenses go on sale ....

If you had the luxury to pick on a given year .. I'd go with Iowa. Better deer and less pressure in my opinion. The difficulty for out of state hunters to draw a tag keeps the pressure .. on farmers and the deer down slightly in Iowa. Not that it is easy .. just slightly easier than Illinois.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:36 PM

From everyone I've talked to and everywhere I've looked, Illinois is the new Hotspot. For a while it was Wisconsin, Iowa and Kansas. Some new states have made a run at big deer now including Illinois, Ohio and even Maryland. Like MA Jay said, it's a matter of drawing a tag.

Old 03-11-2004, 07:07 PM

I'd have to say Iowa without a doubt.. i've seen lots of monsters (pictures) come from Iowa.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:46 PM

That's right. Go to Iowa!
ORIGINAL: bob d

got to be iowa here in illinios all we got are dinks , no use coming to iilinios
Old 03-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Typical Buck

I have lived in Illinois for 6 years and the rumors are false. All the big deer you hear about have went over to Iowa due to their higher corn and wheat production. Last years soybean drought here in Illinois did not help holding any remaining deer. I would definitely say IOWA has the monsters.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

All you Illinois hunters. Since the hunting is soooo bad there, I'll trade ya even up.

Any takers????????
Old 03-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

From everyone I've talked to and everywhere I've looked, Illinois is the new Hotspot.
The "new" hotspot???????

Illinois has been the hotspot for many years. Kansas and Iowa have started gaining notoriety in the last several years but Pike Co. has been revered as the P & Y "hotspot" for as long as I can remember.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm hoping IL because I am scheduled to bow hunt Pike's County this upcoming October. It had better be good!

Quick Reply: Illinois or Iowa????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.