HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Waitng on my outback (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/55304-waitng-my-outback.html)

Codyinpa 03-08-2004 09:53 AM

Waitng on my outback

Any of you guys that ordered an outback how long did it take for it to come in. Mine has been over 2 weeks now. Its a righty by the way.

POOREBOY 03-08-2004 10:12 AM

RE: Waitng on my outback

i am a lefty and it is going on my 6th weeks of wait!! for a righty guys are getting them about 2weeks on the money where im at

bigdaddybowhunter 03-08-2004 10:37 AM

I've had mine for about 3 weeks now. It took about 2-21/2 weeks for it to get at the shop. By the way, did I tell you that you'll love it? Well worth the wait

Stump_MN_Hunter 03-08-2004 11:08 AM

Did any of you shoot or compare the Hoty Xtec to the Outback? I'm looking at those two, but was wondering what brought you guys to buy the Outback. Thanks for the info.

Codyinpa 03-08-2004 11:13 AM

Well from what I'm hearing it should be in this week then. I didnt even try a hoyt stump jumper. I'm not a big fan of split limbs or that dang handle. But I did try a couple of the bowtechs. I just liked the outback the best but they all shot great.

Stump_MN_Hunter 03-08-2004 11:35 AM

The Outback was a good bow. The Xtec and the Outback were almost the same in my eyes as to hand shock, being smooth, fun to shoot, very small valley and quietness. Really a toss up I think. I hear you on the handle on the Hoyt's. Either you like it or you don't. I've always loved how the Matthews bows fit into my hand, but I guess I don't mind the skinny handle on the Hoyt's. Both shot extremely well. With both bows maxed out, the Xtec just pulled so easy I thought it was set at 50 lbs. The outback wasn't that hard to pull at all, but there's a big difference between the two.

CBM SC 03-08-2004 11:56 AM

Stump......what did they both max out to ???

My Outback maxs at 75 # and it could easily hit 76-78# if the cam was slightly advanced ! So if they Xtec really maxed at 70# vs a Outback at 75+ lbs.........there would be a BIG difference !! Did you check each bow on a scale ?

Stump_MN_Hunter 03-08-2004 12:07 PM

CBM,

Both bows had 70 lb limbs on them, so I would assume that they both were around 70lbs....give or take a pound. I never put them on a scale to see EXACTLY where they were at.

CBM SC 03-08-2004 01:33 PM

All of the Outbacks I have seen have been puling 4-6 lbs over ! If you get a chance .....have one set up at exactly the same poundage as your Xtec....and I bet the difference will be much smaller ! Not bashing your bow.......and not saying buy an Outback........but the only way to compare them equally is to verify the spec's on each ! Good Luck !!

Stump_MN_Hunter 03-08-2004 01:51 PM

CBM,

Have you shot the Xtec? I am just wondering basically due to the fact the I am pretty much completely up in the air as to which one to get at this point. I am just trying to pick the minds of the Xtec and Outback owners to see how and why you came to your purchase. I know that there is a large percentage that goes into "what feels best" to the owner, but I'm looking at it more of a technical aspect to see if I can find any advantage to one or the other. Thanks