Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I bought my son his first BOW!!!! >

I bought my son his first BOW!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I bought my son his first BOW!!!!

Old 03-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I bought my son his first BOW!!!!

My boy will be 5 on March 26 and I bought him a Golden Eagle recurve yesterday. He has been going to the bow range and in my back yard with me since he was two, in fact the first time that we went to the range we shot 20 targerts in 90 degree weather and he never complained. So this year he can shoot with me. Proud the be a daddy.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I bought my son his first BOW!!!!

Goina get my son shooting this year also but can't decide on the bow model .I bet your son is a better shot then you-lol---j,k
Old 03-04-2004, 02:25 PM

Man I know that is fun !!! I can't wait to get to that point with my son !!

He's 2.5 and has 2 bows already.........one shoots nurf arrows and has a piston (he's a pretty mean shot with it).......and I got him a little fiberglass bow that shoots suction cup arrows......still working with him on placing his arrow on the string ....but besides that he can sling one all the way across the house ..........my wife loves it [] !!
Old 03-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good job! I'm sure he'll love the sport of shooting the bow in no time since he has his first bow, just like dad!
Old 03-04-2004, 07:58 PM

Excellent!! That is the future of archery and hunting.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:05 PM

AWESOME!!!! I'm 16 and still remember when my dad brought home my first bow- a golden eagle brave. Like extreme said, he'll start to catch up real soon. My dad taught me everything i know about hunting and shooting and is still teaching me and i'm getting to be a better shot than him with my bow. That's my specialty....I practice the most with my bow because I love just going out in the yard and shooting for a while. It relieves so much stress sometimes. Congratulations to you and your son.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

My daughter is 10 and my son is 7 and they both have their own bow's my son has a recurve and my daughter shoot's a BowTech Rascal they both come with me to the range it usually takes us a bit longer but that's the fun just watching them learning and enjoying the sport .

nubo