Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out! >

One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

Old 03-03-2004, 05:31 PM

Default RE: One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

Before I started hunting, I thought the same thing. But now I have 3 ladders of my own. (I also have 20 pairs of shoes Heres how I look at it. My fiance could be having one more beer at some bar somewhere, instead of buying one more stand some where.[8D]
Old 03-03-2004, 07:36 PM

Default RE: One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

I own 5 now

Have had as many as 15 at one time

and probably owned about 40 of them through the years.

The secret is to just not tell them
Old 03-03-2004, 07:43 PM

i own 2 climbers .... 8 hang ons and 3 ladder stands and i am purchasing a tripod .... you need alot of stands !
Old 03-03-2004, 07:54 PM

I have (4) ladders and (4) climbers, been married to the same woman 47 years. Conclusion: We get something good and keep it. Wife says she would rather have me looking up trees than up skirts. (Direct quote).
Mike
Old 03-04-2004, 06:00 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Rack-attack

The secret is to just not tell them
Rackattack has the correct idea.

5 lock ons.
A few permenant.
Even got home made lock ons.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

How many do treestands do each of you currently own and regularly use?
4 - Two hang-ons and two climbers.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 7 lock-ons, and one Climber.....7 is my lucky #
different stands for differing wind conditions , and differing stands for different phases of the hunting season and phases of the rut.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:08 AM

I hunt from 6 diffrent lockon stands. Wish I could get another half dozen past my ball and chain...lol
Old 03-04-2004, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

2 climbers & 1 hang-on
Old 03-04-2004, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably not a good idea to get in this dicscussion. I'm a little hesitant to put this down on paper, then people will know I crazy. In my defense I have been doing this for over 30 years so I should be allowed to possess the necessary "tools" to make the job easier.

I have given a few a way but currently I have 21 hang on stands, not counting a Bear River crotch stand, a Tree Sling type harness, and a Treesuit. Then of course there are the half dozen or so permanent tree stands that I have built and maintain...No wonder I'm divorced. Actually I didn't acquire my current inventory until after she left.

I guess last year I didn't hunt out of my Treesuit, "Tree Sling", or the Crotch stand. As far as the others go I had them all out but two last year.

One never knows when they will pick up new ground, have hunter friends or relatives visit, wind change, etc, so you have to be prepared.

Quick Reply: One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.