HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   what is your funniest thing that happened in the woods? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/54816-what-your-funniest-thing-happened-woods.html)

Dubbya 03-02-2004 11:50 PM

what is your funniest thing that happened in the woods?

I always like hearing funny stuff that happened to people while they were hunting. If anyone has any gut busters, let's hear 'em. I'm thinkin of mine....

Hiawatha 03-03-2004 12:02 AM

RE: what is your funniest thing that happened in the woods?

I lost the safety cap off of my can of bear mace when i had used it the day before. The next day i go out walking and I had my mace clipped on my belt and was walking throught the bush. I dropped my glove and when i bent down to pick it up the can discharged all up my back. 15 minutes later my clothes were off and i was bathing in a slough. Never in my life have i experience a heat to that degree. Made a fire dried off and kept hunting. lol

PABowhntr 03-03-2004 05:05 AM

Just the usual.....another hunter did not see me in my treestand and proceeded to take a squat within 10 feet of my tree...:)

3 Step 03-03-2004 07:33 AM

Just the usual.....another hunter did not see me in my treestand and proceeded to take a squat within 10 feet of my tree...
I have a feeling we're going to see a pic of Davidmil in this thread!

I dropped my release this year. So I tied my pull up rope to my pocket knife, opened the blades to a 90 degree, lowered it down and went to fishing for my release. Just as I hooked the wrist band I looked to the side and there stood a doe and a yearling button buck looking at me. I froze, they fed around and finally left, unalarmed. I recovered my release but didn't see another deer that day. It's kinda funny I guess!

pdq 5oh 03-03-2004 07:37 AM

I was leaning against a tree watching 5 gray squirrels playing one day. One of them ran over to me and sat about 3 feet away, just trying to figure out if I was dangerous. Suddenly it jumped up on my leg to about my knee. I didn't move, but he seemed to be thinking "this does not feel like a tree". After a bit, he jumped down and went back to chasing the others. And you should have seen their surprise when I walked off.

Dubbya 03-03-2004 09:00 AM

I was quail hunting in texas with my dad, the dogs went on point and up came a pair. Well, they peeled off in different directions my dad got one, and the other flew smack dab into the middle of nearby camper. It fell down and took off running, we just about wet our pants. It was kind of a rainy day and there were wing marks and 2 perfect breast marks where the dirt got washed off the trailer. This might be "had to be there" type of experience. but we thought it was funny none the less

RIStrutStopper 03-03-2004 09:19 AM

Opening day, I'm sitting in my tree and notice these hornets buzzing around quite a bit. When I climbed down, I noticed that there was an underground hornets nest just at the base of my tree. I backed off a bit and wondered how I was going to get my climber off of the tree without ticking them off. I kind of timed the little buggers. As soon as one came out of the nest and took off, I loosened the seat part and got it off. Stood back, waited again, then took the platform off. I waited again, then moved my stand back from the tree to secure everything. When I bent down to start putting it away, I hear a buzzing from my inside my jacket. I jumped up, started swatting myself to kill the hornet that somehow got into my clothes. Satisfied that the lil bugger is squashed, I start putting my stand away, and there it goes again. I do the swat dance again for a while, then I realized just how much Primos "The Can" can sound like a bee in your pocket when its laying on its side in your pocket and something intermittantly plugs that little hole on top...

BowHunterChris 03-03-2004 10:14 AM

I was out hunting and had a squirel climb up a tree about 2 feet away from the tree I was in. He stopped around eye level from me and was staring at me. I made a quick move and sort of jolted at him. I thought the thing had a heart attack. Funniest thing I had ever seen. I took off like a bat out of hell.

benhuntin 03-03-2004 11:05 AM

About 10 years ago I was bowhunting from a treestand. About 9 oclock
I had to take a pee. I started to unzip my pants and the zipper stuck. I tried and tried but couldnt get it to work and the pressure was building bad. I finally unbuckled my pants and pulled them down halfway to my knees. In all this haste I lost my balance and fell off the stand. Luckily I had on my saftey harness, unfortunatly i didnt have it adjusted correctly and I couldnt get back up on my stand. Now im dangling 20 ft. above the ground with my bare ass and other things flopping in the breeze. After about 5 minutes of scrambling, I managed to pull my pants up and work my way around to my tree steps. I could of swore I heard the squirrells laughing at me.[:o]

shed33 03-03-2004 11:12 AM

Ben!!!! lmao that is too funny.... I cant match that ...but did get to my bear bait stand one time ......to find the BEAR IN MY STAND...chewing my seat up !!!!! I had screwed up the day before by putting out bait then climbing into my stand with the scent on my hands......MISTAKE...... MISTAKE... wish I would have a camera...that bear was as surprises as me... he was just a little guy... so I didnt shoot him out of my stand ! :)