HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   **Bows in support of the Troops in Iraq!** (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/54790-bows-support-troops-iraq.html)

Matt / PA 03-02-2004 06:49 PM

**Bows in support of the Troops in Iraq!**

I just had to relay this story to you guys, especially since the recent thread about "ELKSniper" missing his next elk season serving his country........
I guess we don't always realize that there are many, many service men and women who are hunters and BOWHUNTERS and that in addition to the obvious personal sacrifices they make, many times they are sacrificing their time in the woods as well......time that many of us take for granted.
I know that I for one could get pretty depressed to be there, when the leaves are changing here.[&o] Bowseason means just a little more to most of us than some dates on a calendar

Which brings me to the point of my story......and when I heard it I was blown away, and believe it or not I was actually asked to NOT tell everyone about it since it might seem a little self serving. Well it's just too awesome to keep under my hat so fire me!;). I think you all will appreciate it as well........

It seems that this past fall an officer in the Army stationed in Iraq, was soliciting bow companies to help our servicemen overseas get an archery 'Club' going and setting up an impromptu 3D course to help with low moral during downtime.
To make a long story short, BowTech eagerly stepped to the plate by sending 10 bow packages (I think TomKats) to the troops complete with accessories and a big "Thank You" attached!
Apparently the officer who asked for the help was very happy and called BowTech to thank them and sent an official letter of thanks........

I'd would think that any archery company asked would jump at the chance to help, and I hope than any who were asked did what they could to lend a hand.
I do know that the one I am associated with did ,and it gives me that extra little pride when I shoot my bows .:) Seems like those flagship bow names that BowTech uses mean a little more than just catchy labels on a bow limb.

Kudos to BowTech,and any other company who got involved........if you are out there speak up so that we can recognize you!

*Edit: Update.....Hoyt, Beman/Easton, McKenzie, Block, Trophy Ridge, Scott, Parker, and Alpine also got involved as well as BowTech and I would like to recognize their contributions! If they aren't looking for the recognition, then we'll bring it to them......First class companies.
I'm Not sure who all was asked to help so I hope I don't leave anyone out. Like I said ,I would imagine that every company asked would also be a part of that list*

And as always, thank you to the guys overseas enjoying them!
I wonder how many "Saddam" and "Osama" 3D targets are on that course?;)

Ate-Up 03-02-2004 06:54 PM

RE: **Bows in support of the Troops in Iraq!**

Hat's off to Bowtech. That's a hell of a thing they did for our boys and girls overseas.

Legacy357 03-02-2004 06:56 PM

The dot on osamas head could be like the dot in the bowtech commerical where it shows shooting that little dot in a dot. hahah i would pay to see that commerical

Kanga 03-02-2004 07:57 PM

A BIG thumbs up for BowTech and a BIG thank you to the men and women overseas making sure we are safe here.

nubo 03-02-2004 08:43 PM

Here! here! BowTech you prove yourselves again!

nubo

Bigbuckslayer3 03-02-2004 11:39 PM

I want to see that to.

ORIGINAL: Legacy357

The dot on osamas head could be like the dot in the bowtech commerical where it shows shooting that little dot in a dot. hahah i would pay to see that commerical

PABowhntr 03-03-2004 05:08 AM

That is a great idea and I am happy to see that one company took the plunge and stepped forward. It would be great if the word could get passed on to some of the other companies out there with reps that visit these forums.

I am still trying to visualize shooting a compound in the desert......that has to be tough...but fun compared to some of the other "activities" that I am sure they perform on a daily basis.

6 Fan 03-03-2004 07:15 AM

From these pictures it would appear as though Bowtech, Hoyt, Easton, McKenzie, and Block targets have donated to the cause. A big thank you to the men and women serving, and to the companies trying to make their time there a little more bearable.Way to go!!!

[link]http://geocities.com/jaseboyhyde/archerypictures.html[/link]

pdq 5oh 03-03-2004 07:25 AM

It's nice to hear of these companies giving something to our service people, who give so much for us. Unfortunately, sometimes the ultimate sacrifice. I thank and support all of our troops, and coalition forces as well. All please be safe.

Matt / PA 03-03-2004 10:25 AM

Awesome pictures!.......kudos to Hoyt, McKenzie, Block ,Easton and anyone else who got involved. Looks like a pretty popular pastime![:-] These companies all deserve high praise for their contribution even though it appears that nobody is looking for any.
I guess those weren't TomKats that BowTech sent either.........looks like Patriots! (That would make sense.:))

Good job everyone! ,and thanks again to the troops.

I wonder if anyone is cooking up some special operations uses for those things? Or if anybody converted one to full auto yet?;)