Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Draw locks

Old 03-02-2004, 09:30 AM

Default Draw locks

Anyone use this. I was watching a show last night where they used a draw lock while turkey hunting. Seems like it worked pretty good.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Draw locks

Get ready. I think you might catch some flack for this one. The draw lock and similar devices are not very popular with many of the members....

I have yet to see on in person at any of the local shows/expos but would be interested in it strictly from a technical standpoint.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:42 AM

Maybe they'll just give the product flack and not the pupil. I guess if you're going to use one of those you might as well be shooting a cross bow. I dont know if they are even legal in my area.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:57 AM

I assume this device holds the bow at full draw? If so, they aren't legal in Florida.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Illegal in Illinois.

Makes a compound into a crossbow in my opinion.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:44 AM

check your states laws before using one. Here in KY it is against the law so for hunting are no use. Why would you even want to use one? It kind of takes all the fun out of it in my opinion. Just use a crossbow if your state alllows it.

Of course these devices are a God send for some handicap archers & think that is the best use for them to date. When used like this I am glad such devices are avaliable so people can still enjoy archery & hunting.

Too each their own!
Old 03-02-2004, 11:30 AM

If you need to use a draw lock on your bow for bowhunting turkeys are anything for that matter....you shouldn't be bowhunting. Because it's not bowhunting. Where's the skill? Absolutely ZERO. Just my opinion.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Illegal for hunting in IL.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:24 PM

Takes the bowhunting out of bowhunting. Don't bring that kind of junk to Minnesota, its illegal!
Old 03-02-2004, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

They're legal in Texas... Despite nearly every bowhunter in the state being opposed to them.[>:] They were okayed through the good ol' boy system without any public input.

Quick Reply: Draw locks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.