Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Check out this lion hunt >

Check out this lion hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Check out this lion hunt

Old 03-03-2004, 02:14 PM

Default RE: Check out this lion hunt

Yeah, I would have no fun shooting a canned lion, like in the video.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:55 PM

It could have been a population control hunt but I doubt it.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:57 PM

I was just completely amazed by the power of that lion. Looked like a train coming in.

A pissed off train!
Old 03-03-2004, 03:54 PM

What were they even doing with bolt action rifles?
Old 03-03-2004, 04:32 PM

That was crazy. Like Flipout said, you have a pissed off freight train headed right for ya.

I am also amazed that nobody got shot. What they needed was a couple of backup shooters with semi-auto shotguns. One shooting slugs and the other with shot as a last-ditch. That guy is very lucky. He was literally face to face with that amazing animal.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

That video was on here not that long ago but it still amazes me that the lion was still charging after being hit. But more amazed at the fact that it didn't rip that guy's head off much less anybody hit with all that wild firing they were doing.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

no offense to anyone but i think the lion shoulda gotten that guy! first of all because he didn't make the shot as u all saw...and secondly because of what ya'll have said that i very much agree with...no need ta kill something ya don't plan on eating![:@]
Old 03-03-2004, 06:26 PM

Man, 3 guys with blot action rifles. Weres the semi-auto 10's with buck shot. Although I will admit I would go loin hunting if I had the proper "profesional hunting guides". There lucky they didnt shoot eachother.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:28 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it if you need to keep the lion population under control.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:17 PM

Regardless of your position on the ethics of trophy or predator hunting, that has to be some of the most pathetic and embarassing footage I've seen in a long time. [:'(]

Granted the PH "saves" the client at the last minute, but only after endangering him repeatedly. I don't know what to say about the number of shots fired; I've seen combat film with fewer rounds being squeezed off. All the whooping and hollering at the end is revolting too. What happened to respect for the game, especially a beast with the incredible courage of that one?

Basically, this is the kind of stuff that plays into the hands of the antis. If you need to hunt a lion, do it quickly, cleanly, and reverently. That video gets me hoppin'! [:@]

Quick Reply: Check out this lion hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.