HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Fred Bear Autograph $$$ (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/54475-fred-bear-autograph.html)

121553 02-28-2004 08:53 PM

Fred Bear Autograph $$$

What do you think an actual Fred Bear autographed would be worth? I was just curious, just wonder if mine will be worth anything other than writing dang cheques. Bobby

RobinHood36 02-28-2004 10:59 PM

RE: Fred Bear Autograph $$$

I can find only one item, an autographed pic. going for $47...Worth a few bucks

Hang in there Bobby, you may just be famous one of these days!! ;)

121553 02-29-2004 09:40 AM

I am famous Robinhood, its just that people don't know it.;)
Yea, I was fortunate enough to meet Fred Bear in the early 70's. He wrote,"to my good hunting partner, Fred Bear." I also got a picture taken with him. I was just curious its worth, but I would not ever sell it as I keep it in my memoirs. :) Bobby
P.S. The way my archery season went this past year, maybe I should carry it in my pocket for good luck, now that may be an ideal. :eek:

RobinHood36 02-29-2004 10:19 AM

Bobby, glad to hear that you were fortunate enough to meet one of the all time greats of archery, and even have him autograph your bow, that is a very special treasure for sure. I really don't think you could put a price tag on something like that, as I would say it is worth its weight in gold-sentmentally...Which you already know, ...;)

logs 02-29-2004 03:05 PM

I met Fred Bear in the early 80's and had the opportunity to spend part of an afternoon talking to him, just him me and a hunting buddy. What a treat and experience. I also got his autograph but would never consider selling it.
At that time when Fred Bear made public appearences he was always willing to autograph things for hunters. He had one rule regarding bows though, he only autograpgh one of his bows, not some other manufactures products.
One day at a show I saw him sign about 50 bows. I don't know what that does to the monetary value of his autograph.

Red Hawk 02-29-2004 05:29 PM

I would think in the coming years, say 10 + then items with his autograph would be more.

Wish i could have met him anyway. I was pretty young when he died.

121553 02-29-2004 09:38 PM

Thats funny Logs, but there is an exception to every rule I guess, as he does sign bows on other manufactures, ( or did) I know this for a fact as our hunting club of 5 bowhunters drove to meet him, we spent the evening with him and watched vidios and exchanged stories with only a few people present, a friend of mine had an off the wall bow, I foget the name and had Fred sign it, Fred did because I remember how we were ribbing my friend on a Bear signature bow as we were riding home when it wasn't even a bear bow, as we thought that was kinda ballsey of Barry to ask Fred to sign it. We laughed our heads off all the way home and had a great evening. :D Bobby

ahunter55 03-01-2004 08:50 AM

I spent a pleasant afternoon talking to Fred Bear about grizzly hunting back in the late 60s. I have also shared a camp fire in Clinton Indiana (the old Bowhunter shoot)with Pete Sheply, Ron Kolpin, Tom Jennings & Midge Dandrege. I never once thought about autographs but I heard some great stories PRICELESS... Somewhere, I have a photo of my son (when he was 5-6) holding a Jennings compound & talking to Pete & Tom, PRICELESS....