HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hoyt users I have a question??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/53764-hoyt-users-i-have-question.html)

titleist_03 02-21-2004 07:24 PM

Hoyt users I have a question???

Where does the buss cable go in the cable slide, front slot or back? I know the slide goes on with the shorter slot to the back. But I'm just trying to make sure the string is installed correctly.

IroquoisArcher 02-21-2004 07:39 PM

RE: Hoyt users I have a question???

Depends on how you have the string cable on. I try to put the short slot in the back but do it whichever way the cable(s)/string (on a single cam) will cross as close to the middle of the bow as possible. Also there should be a gap between the two where they cross if installed right (instead of them rubbing against each other). Don't know if it matters or not but on a single cam I also try to have the cable end of the string in the longer slot so it minimizes the angle or lean of the idler. Hope this makes some sense.

nmaineron 02-21-2004 07:48 PM

Titleist,the cable coming off the top cam goes in the deep slot which is closest to the riser.If you get them crossed they will rub at some point.You have to make sure that the the inside cable from the top cam also goes under the cable with the yoke.I hope you can follow this,I have only had my bow for a year and I still don't know one cable from the other:eek:.When you get it right the cross over will be below the cable rod and you won't have any contact.Good luck,Ron

titleist_03 02-21-2004 07:52 PM

The way I have them on right now they are rubbing? What is causing this? It crosses right below the cable slide and the buss cable is in the short slot in the rear and the other cable in the long in front just as you said.

Arthur P 02-21-2004 08:40 PM

Take a good look at your cable slide and see if the shallow notch is worn. You might just need a new slide.

titleist_03 02-21-2004 11:47 PM

I read over nmaineron post a few times and got to looking at the cables. I had the cable from the top cam going the wrong way in regards to the yoke. Hard to explain but I switched it around and now they cross just below the cable slide and there is daylight between them. Thanks for the help guys!

titleist_03 02-22-2004 07:32 AM

What is wrong if my ATA is a quarter inch shorter than it was with the old string?

Arthur P 02-22-2004 07:44 AM

Nothing wrong at this point, unless your old string had the bow way out of factory spec. Get the string shot in, a hundred or so arrows, and then check it again and make your adjustments. Don't worry about your axle to axle length until it's more than a half inch out of factory spec.

titleist_03 02-22-2004 10:36 AM

I checked it again and its a half inch less than it was with the old string. The old string was the factory sting. I did notice that when I took it off it was slightly longer that the suggested string length. But I didn't untwist the new string to make it the same. I kept it just under what it is said to be. Is this the right way to do it to allow for string stretch? Also I noticed when I took out the weight locking screw the limb pocket wasn't perfectly lined up anymore. I can still easily get the screw back in the black thing just wasn't flush.

Arthur P 02-22-2004 01:21 PM

Go to www.hoytusa.com and get into their techincal stuff. Click on Tune Charts and look up the specs for your bow. It will give you the brace height and axle to axle length for your bow/limbs/cam setup. Compare their specs against your measurements. Your old string could have been so stretched out that the bow was way out of spec, so forget all about the measurements you took with it on there. What they have on the website is what your bow should actually measure.