HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Almost got a Robin Hood (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/53164-almost-got-robin-hood.html)

zak123 02-15-2004 08:31 PM

Almost got a Robin Hood

I was shooting today at 20 yards and I shot 4 arrows at the same target. The second one I shot hit the first one and I heard a smack. I shot the other 2 as if nothing happened. I went and got them and got ready to shoot them again when I saw that one of the nocks wouldn't fit. I looked at it and saw a crack in it. I was so close to getting a Robin Hood. I will shoot at different targets from now on although I do want to get a Robin Hood!

RobinHood36 02-15-2004 08:45 PM

RE: Almost got a Robin Hood

Hang in there and it will come when you least expect it!! I have 36 so far!!

just joking...lol:D

HighBow 02-15-2004 09:05 PM

Got one yesterday with my new Justice VFT, it's nice at first but then I thought about my GT Pro being broken up like that$$$$$$$$$$$.
I don't want that to happen too much$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Big_Buck_Archer 02-16-2004 09:23 AM

What is a Robin Hood??:););)

Double Creek 02-16-2004 09:25 AM

Almost doesn't count, except with horseshoes and hand grenades :D

Once I start grouping really tight, I usually start aiming for different spots on the target. Robinhoods are nice, but arrows cost too much

c903 02-16-2004 09:31 AM

What is a Robin Hood??
Unless a person is aiming at the center of the nock of the arrow that is already in the target and can "Robin Hood" a consistent ratio of more hits than misses, Robin Hoods are a 99.99% accidental occurrence. ;)

logs 02-16-2004 09:43 AM

I was at the range last Friday and the fellow shooting next to me got his first Robinhood. He just started into archery a month and a half ago. The guy was thrilled to death and I was happy as heck for him. The fellow was shooting 2 inch groups at 20 yards consistently. Not bad for this third time out and brand new to the sport.
At my suggestion he will now be shooting at multiple spot targets. He can not afford the cost of a lot of replacement arrows.

Nice going Zak:)

huntingpikecountyIL 02-16-2004 01:03 PM

Nice shooting! I have 2 Robin Hoods to my name, and its a really cool to have one. You'll get one soon!! Be sure to keep it and then you can display it next to the big buck your sure to get!;)

Dirt2 02-16-2004 01:06 PM

I've never had one, but I guess I'm gonna have to step up to about five feet and just get the monkey off my back.

tabby 02-16-2004 02:52 PM

I have one. Only had 5 arrows, shooting a 5 spot leage, and wham. I was kinda ticked. But I am glad to get one. The other day I shot my friends arrow. I was standing next to him, aimed at his nock, and wham. Split that sucka in 2. But I ruined his Easton Axis. Opps.

Congrats. It took me a few years. Took my friend, the one above, less than a month. Lucky.