Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 peeps with straps >

peeps with straps

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

peeps with straps

Old 02-11-2004, 05:41 PM

Default peeps with straps

I was wandering about the peep sights with the ruber straps. Are thay realy good for hunting? Do thay make anay extra noise? I was thinking thay would be great becouse it would always be inline perfect. I curently use the kind with 3 string places and on too many ocasions it was dificult to see right. I have noticed that many of the band kind have the smaller size holes, with sucks for hunting. I was wandering if thare are some high quality ones avalable with the larger size holes? Apreciat some info if ya got it. Thanks James.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:45 PM

Default RE: peeps with straps

I used to have one. I have noticed that you have to keep an eye on it , if you want to keep your eye, because they can come undone and snap back in at your eye. Mine came undone 2 times and I tied it on real good at the end. I took it off and got a new one.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:51 PM

i use peep tubing with my peep and (imo) yes it does make some noise when you shoot... but on the other hand youre right bout it aligining the peep...and yes you have to keep an eye on it cause it will strart to crack,rot and will break..sometimes in the most inoppertune times...(hmmm did i spell that right?...lol)

Anyway try some different ones to see which you like and are comfortable with....
Old 02-11-2004, 06:03 PM

yes they make noise and with today's high quality strings, they have pretty much become obsolete. Their purpose was to ensure the peep aligned every time, good pre-stretched stings takes care of that.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:06 PM

Belle Island didn't you change your name?
Old 02-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Dominant Buck

I use to use one but did away with it after one broke in the woods on me. Then I just started taking the extra trouble to make sure I got the peep in correctly. If the string stretched or changed I moved the peep or twisted the string. Then I went to the loop, no more need for all that fuss.

Belle Island didn't you change your name?
Split personnality.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't like the tubing you didn't know when it was gonna break and you have to change it almost every season .I use the Fletcher peep medium now and I should have been using it all along.

nubo
Old 02-11-2004, 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Split personnality.

LOL