Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I need some help. Accuracy question. >

I need some help. Accuracy question.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need some help. Accuracy question.

Old 02-09-2004, 04:09 PM

Default I need some help. Accuracy question.

I can shoot 2 arrows pretty much touching each other and then the other 2 go flying away from the group. I use the same stance and same type of arrows. I shoot a PSE (Don't even think about it) Fire-Flite 33. How can I close my group? Thanks
Old 02-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I need some help. Accuracy question.

I have the same bow you have, I bought it last summer. I was shooting great with my field points, but then when I put my broad heads on I was having the same problem. I switched to the Muzzy heads and my problem was solved. It might be all in my head, but it worked for me. Enjoy the bow, once you have it shooting better, you will love it.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:53 PM

number your arrows to see if it is the same to that fly away every time,,could be bent
Old 02-09-2004, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

I have the same bow you have, I bought it last summer.
What are some of the groupings you get with yours. I can get 2 shafts touching each other 1 a little highet like 2 inches, and 1 off like 5 inches.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

zack123, Without seeing you shoot it is hard to tell. Some things that you might want to check are your hand grip. Slightly different pressures on different parts of the grip will change the impact point. Check your release and make sure that it is steady with good follow through. If your arrows are spined correctly then I think I would tend to lean more towards inconsistant form. Make sure everything is the same with each shot. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Before I switched to the Muzzy, I would get 2 or 3 arrows in a row that were inside a 1" circle at 20 yards and then the next 2 or 3 would be all over the place. I just couldnt get a good grouping with my old broad heads. When I tried the Muzzy's, I had good groups right away. Like I said, I am no expert by any means, it might be all psychological but like I said in my first post, it seemed to help me. Good Luck!
Old 02-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

I do the same thing slippery does. Number my arrows and don't look at the number before shooting.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have already figured out your problem on another thread that you posted. You will never shoot a good group until you overcome the target panic. Just shoot and have fun.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

If Elkcrazy8 is right and you are suffering from target panic than you need to work on your existing problem first. Don't worry about how your arrows are grouping. Work on aiming and good releases, target panic just doesn't fix its self.

If you are not suffering from target panic than numbering your arrows is a great idea, Also make sure all your arrows are exactly the same, same- size, length, fletching, point weight, nocks, any slight change may result in inconsistence flight. Good luck.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't you have a post on here about how easy archery was--NOTHING TO IT!

Quick Reply: I need some help. Accuracy question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.