Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stupid question about shooting without a peep??? >

Stupid question about shooting without a peep???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stupid question about shooting without a peep???

Old 02-06-2004, 08:15 PM

Default Stupid question about shooting without a peep???

I have taken my peep off to try shooting without it. The problem is is that when I look down my bow now, The string is in the way of my pin. What do some of you do to anchor and sight down the bow?
Old 02-06-2004, 08:22 PM

Default RE: Stupid question about shooting without a peep???

Why exactly do you want to shoot without a peep sight anyway?
Old 02-06-2004, 08:25 PM

Because I have trouble keeping one straight and I can't afford a new string yet. But I just thought I would try it to see how it works. I have a Zebra string and it won't point the way I want it to.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:34 PM

I am not an expert on bow set up, but I don't think you found the center of the string. If installed correctly, a peep on a zebra string is supposed to not need a band to align it. If you can't fix the problem, maybe you could try aligning your sight just to either side of your string? Sorry, I can't offer anything more helpful.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

I shot without a peep for years.....I always touched the string to my nose and never had a problem with the string getting in the sight picture.....

I shoot a Shurz peep (sp) and have a zebra string......If my peep is not lined up I simply twist it around til it is.....When you draw, however the peep is aligned, it will stay that way.....they say you have to train the peep/string.....
Old 02-06-2004, 10:03 PM

Shooting with out a peep is fine as you found out you just gotta make sure you have a consisitent anchor pt. i use a kisser button i serve it on my string so that it touches the corner of my mouth and as somebody else has said the string touches my nose in the EXACT same place every shot. as for the pins being in the middle of the string if you open both eyes your dominant eye will take over and center your pin and the string will hardly be noticeable or you can just look to one side or the other the point of impact will probably be slightly left or rt depending on inside or outside view of string and just adjust your sites. The one time you draw on something in the dark timber you will be glad you got rid of your peep.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:38 AM

i never could find the deer through the 1/8" hole in the peep so i bored it out and found the hole had to be so big that i did away with it and got a predator pendulum,attached a kisser button to line up with corner of my mouth at full draw to hold my anchor in the same place every shot and never used a peep again and don't have any problems seeing the deer at sundown either.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:53 AM

I use a kisser button, put the string on your nose and look on the left side of the string. I am right handed. Have never used a peep.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:43 AM
Dominant Buck

I use a Pollington Red Dot Scope. It is so awsume it should be illegal. It eliminates the kisser and /or the peep. You shoot with both eyes open and is great for those who wear glasses. I don't however, the neat thing is with both eyes open optical illusion kicks in. It's as if you are projecting a laser directly on the deer. The Pollington was very expensive though. I did see another red dot scope in Basspro or Cabelas. It was under $100 and came with crosshairs. I would have gotten it if I'd seen it first.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

one thing you can try for your peep sight if you haven't yet is to shorten the rubber tube between the string and the limb. I had the same problem and my tube was too long.

Quick Reply: Stupid question about shooting without a peep???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.