Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hang on Stand

Old 02-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hang on Stand

Price is exactly why I bought a River's Edge this year. (Actually, I bought three stands this year but that was the cheapest, and turned out to be the best). It was 59 bones. Not the chain on type, so the seat may be different because it's huge and comfortable. I use ratchet straps in all my stands and really never take them down so the chain on would probably be better for portability.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:02 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I have two of the gorilla stands and really like them. IMO you can't beat them for the price. They are easy to hang, are rock solid and easy to pack.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still use several Loc On brand stands, a few Warren & Sweats and 2 Hunters View. If I were going to buy a new stand I would look at the Chipewa Wedgeloc stands. They seem to be in a league of their own. This will probably be my next stand purchase.

www.chippewawedgeloc.com
Old 02-05-2004, 09:25 PM
Dominant Buck

BadShotBob: .... on every hang on and my climber I have added those thermal pads you see. They're about 1./4 to 3/8 thick. They quiet everything, make standing easier and balancing better. You really should look into them or make your own. I have a Baby Grand that's comfy as they get. If you add some good padded backpack straps it makes hauling any stand better. I also have Loc On, Loggy Lite, Remington, and Buckshot hang ons. They all have their place. The Baby Grand and Remington are the most comfy to sit in. The Remington is one HEAVY MOTHER!! The Buckshots with their bracket system are great. We've bought a few extra brackets and leave them on the tree. When you want to hunt a stand you simply carry in the platform and seat. It's a solid, light stand with a very comfy seat on par with the Baby Grands.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:28 PM

I have been looking into buying a summit hang on. I have a bushmaster climber and love it. There hang ons aren't that expensive either 79 to 99 i think. They seem very easy to attach. Take a look under non climbers:
www.summitstands.com
Old 02-06-2004, 03:45 PM

I have the summit viper too, but ireally like to use the hang ons with screw in steps, when i am not hunring public land, but i have the gorilla hang ons the, silverback lite, and the silverback, also for another hang on have the steel star by North Star it is really good stand and is cheap, but my opinion is the gorillas by gametracker are the best, hope this helps.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought this one this past season and love it. Light, comfortable, very stable and unbelievably easy to hang. I'm buying a set of Bucksteps to go along with it. I don't know how big a fella you are, but the 24" seat height is nice to me.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mike, I'm not that big of a guy. Only 19 years old about 6'1" and 180.
The headhunter looks nice. I already have a Viper climber and IMO Summits are the best stands out there. How comfortable is yours? I think it will be between that stand and a Lone wolf. I'm hoping to be able to find one cheap either on ebay or archerytalk's classified ads. When I do end up getting one of the stand I think I'm going to get the climing sticks to go with it. Not sure about either summits or lone wolfs there either.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a similar stand this year to the Chippewa Wedge Lock. It's called the Moose by Aerospace Industries. The guy used to work for the people at Chippewa and broke off on his own. The design is almost identical but the Moose is $100 less than the Wedge Lock. I can't speak for the Wedge Lock, but I can say that I took the Moose back. Great design, great concept, but the rubber bumpers against the tree squeak like an old clarinet when they get cold, which makes it worthless.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had not thought about the possibility of the rubber bumpers being noisy. I had looked at the Aerospace design and actually thought about one. Thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply: Hang on Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.