Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Better built's world of outdoors >

Better built's world of outdoors

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Better built's world of outdoors

Old 02-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Better built's world of outdoors

I could not believe what I saw tonight on this show. A buck came in at a rather fast trot. The announcer was careful to point out the shooter waited until it slowed, although it was still moving pretty good, and wasn’t close. The impact of the shot was partially obstructed, but as the buck ran off it was clear where the hit was…about 4” in front of the BACK leg and about ¼ the way up the deer. The buck stopped and you could clearly see the entrance wound. Meanwhile the commentator is say how perfect the shot was, cleanly thru the lungs. Un %&$^$ beleiveable!!!!
Oh but it gets better. Commentator still raving about the shot and frothy lung blood on the arrow. They then proceed to show the hunter with his buck. IT WAS A DIFFERENT BUCK.
I don’t know what else to say about this. The show should never have been put on tv.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:11 PM

Default RE: Better built's world of outdoors

That is just sad. How did you tell the two bucks apart.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:14 PM

I saw the show you are talking about!!! I turned the channel after they started talking about the "frothy blood" on the arrow.

The buck came in and was still moving way too fast for the shot! Did you hear the commentor say something about how the archer was such a great shot and he could easily make the shot. What a joke!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2004, 07:15 PM

that's messed up. somebody should contact the people who do that show and ask em about it.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:18 PM

when i see that hunting show channel changes.....worst hunting show there is...bad hunters ,bad show,needs to be taken off the air...[:@]
Old 02-04-2004, 07:43 PM

I believe it. I saw an episode where he was hunting with a pistol, going after trophy whitetails at the bla, bla ranch etc. Then he ask the guide to describe the ranch , (basically get the comercial in), and he says "We're a 200 acre enclosure located in ...etc." After the first day or so, the annoucer says something like "The weather had the deer holed-up, so they decided to try a drive". On 200 fenced acres. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
The only positive thing I can say is they do have some nice looking recipes on the show, it'd be nice if they had about 20 mins. of cooking.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn I missed it! I watched most of it until the wife made me put on Enterainment tonight. If you go to the outdoor channels website they might have a link to their website. That is horrible. I would of liked to see it with my own eyes. I believe it![:@]
Old 02-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was that in Wisconsin also? I believe they were at a ranch in Wisconsin. Shooting them fenced deer again.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never seen this show but I'll watch for it on Direct tv.I've seen other show's like this bad shot's and all they can say is what a great show it is .I seen another show where a women and a guide ??or husband were hunting moose ,when the bull walked out he was getting her setup to take the shot .she shot and 2 second's later he shot amnd then all they could say is what a wonderful shot she made on the bull. What a bunch of crap.

nubo
Old 02-05-2004, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it was in wisconsin, I forget the name. The buck he shot had much larger brow tines than the one he posed in the picture with. Even my girlfriend noticed it.

Quick Reply: Better built's world of outdoors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.