Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it true

Old 02-04-2004, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Is it true

Tribal,

Did you just say that you fill everyone elses tags for them??? I assume that you are talking about family and hunting buddies??? Is that even legal where you are at??? I know it is considered poaching here in PA!
Old 02-04-2004, 10:49 PM

I like gun hunting. Mainly because its hunting. I usually save my doe tag so I can spend two weeks hunting, and then shoot one on the last day. But sometimes you just have to pick up your gun, like when it is your first time muledeer hunting.

But I am a bow hunter.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

zack123. If your bow is in the shop, there is a part of practice that you could be doing while you are waiting. I take out a couple of nights a week and spend those evenings practicing my yardage judgement. I made up my own scoring system so I know if I am improving or not. You can make the best shot in the world but might miss because you didn't know the yardage. Take the extra time that you have and practice your yardage. If you don't have a range finder then pace it off. Find any object to judge. Use a tree or a rock, step back and give er' a try. It will improve your shooting if you are confident of the yardage. I hope you get your bow back soon.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still go out gun hunting if I have tags left. After archery hunting, it(rifle) lost a bit of its excitement and became more of just a tag filling deal. But I found ways to make it more exciting again buy using different guns, going different places, and next year, hunting almost exclusively with a pistol.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:12 AM

If my tag ain't filled by gun week, I take my shotgun out for a day. But nothing beats the thrill of having them come in REAL close!
Old 02-05-2004, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like them both. I love to bowhunt and thats what i do more than anything else but i also love my guns and i rifle hunt every now and then. I like reloading for my rifles as much as i like making arrows and working on my bow. If all i could hunt with was a bow then that would be fine but as long as i have a choice i'll continue to use both.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:50 AM

i love bow hunting but with rifle season its all about the people your hunting with i mean sitting around at 2:00 in the morning cause no one could sleep plating deer hunters poker or spoons thats what gun hunting has become for me its time with hunting buddies more than the actual hunt that i enjoy now but with bow i get out there and hunt HARD not just sit in the same stand thats been hung for years(my gun stand) but really getting focused on what you want to accomplish(kill a trophy buck) and then doing everything you can to do that thats what i like about bow hunting
Old 02-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well yes as a matter of fact i have been strickly bowhunting sence 1988 due to many reason`s! The biggest one being when i killed my first two deer opening day of bow season in1986 two doe`s after that i really fell in love with bowhunting and have been ever sence! I still gun hunted for two more year`s off and on. But after our hunting land was sold that we had hunted for 11 years i lost intrest and started strickly bowhunting I love the challange of bowhunting to me there`s nothing like it, I have a son that turned 9 this past nov, he started shooting a bow about the time he could walk and he has three bow himself But this past year my son wanted to go gun hunting so i bought him a 243, something he could shoot, and then bought a two man latter stand so we could sit together. Sorry to say he did not get one with this year, maby next year! But for me i sill went back to the bowhunting as always! every time i ever thought of going gun hunting with a buddy or someone that wanted me to go with them.I would find a reason to go bowhunting in stead I really can`t answer why others do it . for me the love and challenge of bowhunting is reason enough!
Old 02-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

I'd definitely say it has happened to me. I've bowhunted 3 yrs and last year I did not take my rifle in the field. A rifle doesn't quite offer the challenge that a bow does. I'm still going to apply for a rifle tag, but I think I will take my chances on filling it with my bow

Quick Reply: Is it true

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.