Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews Outback Owners? >

Mathews Outback Owners?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews Outback Owners?

Old 02-03-2004, 09:49 AM

Default RE: Mathews Outback Owners?

Here we go again! Someone ask's a mathews owner how we like our new bows and the Hoyt and Bowtech guys have to jump in...lol. Quite funny! Kind of makes you wonder if their not just jealous!! Just kidding.....seriously each manufacturer mentioned makes great bows. Variety.....it's the spice of life!

bowhunter-I've owned just about every bow Mathews has ever produced and IMO the Outback is one of their finest, if not the finest in the short bow lines.
Someone else mentioned already that the bow shoots like a much larger bow. Very little if any recoil, extremely quiet and so far, extremely forgiving (thanks to the 7" brace height).

I must admit that I started looking pretty hard at the Bowtechs, mainly because a good friend of mine just became a staff shooter for them and I know that I will be able to get one of their bows at an extreme discount, if not free and I like their marketing approach with the PBR. So, I shot their 04' line-up the other day at one of my local archery shops. I shot the Justice and the Liberty. Nice bows, but not nearly as smooth, quiet or as recoil free as the Outback (IMO). Therefore, I choose to fork out $600.00 for a new Mathews.

My advice, once again, is for you to go to your archery shop (find one that will properly set each bow of interest up for you. Don't just shoot one with a flipper rest and arrows that are six inches too long) and shoot each for at least thirty minutes and then choose the one that feels the best for you.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Jeff K
Dont get me wrong, W hen I was looking for a new bow {that I had to have right know} i had 3 bows in mind that were short and smooth drawing.
bowtech justice,mighty might, mathews outback, when I say smooth I really
mean easy to draw. MM not easy enough,justice easy draw and fit me perfect,
outback none to be found in my area, and not be around fora amonth. I
bought the justice, who knows if the outback would of been available I might
own one of them, they are awsome bows. Now that I own the justice how could
the outback or any bow as far as that goes be nicer if you know what I mean.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:44 AM

As for the MM I think it is a super nice bow shot one right next to the Outback, but like you said it does not draw that smooth, you got to remember that the Justice does not have the speed of the Outback or MM, so in a sense it is going to be a smoother bow, but I like my speed!
Old 02-09-2004, 06:00 PM

Thank you all for your very informative comments! I have decided to buy the Outback as soon as I move down to Columbia,SC. I went to the local hometown bow shop near Joplin and looked and shot it one more time before I made my final decision. I also got to shoot the new Bowtechs up here in Jeff City, they were nice, but I thought the Outback fit me perfectly. Thanks again for all your info and good luck!
Old 02-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Mine is on order,should have it in about 3 weeks.Test shot one and the deal was sealed smoooothListed my MQ 32 on ebay and sold in 2 days.Now I am bowless for a few weeksBut the wait will be well worth it.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the weight is the riser, but before you bash the weight shoot it hand to hand against your Justice, it might change your mind, I tell you this it would beat the Justic hand to hand
I agree! I just recently shot both lineups and felt the Outback was much smoother , quieter , and recoil free! I dont personally care for the shorter ATA bows but for those who do , try the Outback!
Old 02-12-2004, 10:50 AM
tm
Fork Horn

Been playing with mine off & on for a week. I'm not a short bow fan, but this thing shoots like a longer bow. I'm impressed with the new camo, seems to be more durable like the old treebarkII Mathews had. I'm also having trouble understanding any complaints about the speed, mine shoots faster than I expected by a bunch. All in all I think it's great.