HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Can I get the warranty (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/51707-can-i-get-warranty.html)

zak123 02-02-2004 04:23 PM

Can I get the warranty

I am filling out a warranty for my bow. It says, "This form must be received by PSE within 30 days of purchase to activate warranty". My dad got it January 2, 2004 and gave it to me as a gift on January 11, 2004. I am mailing it today. Will they accept the warranty? Could I put January 11, 2004 as the date I received it since it was a gift? It arrived at my house on January 2, 2004, but I got it from my dad January 11, 2004. If I give them the serial number will they be able to tell my dad got it on Januray 2, 2004? It also says I need the serial number. Where would I find this? I see some numbers on the sticker on the limb of my bow. Is that it? Thanks

HNTNWHTTAIL4LF 02-02-2004 05:17 PM

RE: Can I get the warranty

I beleive the serial # should be on the tag on your bow..

I would say go ahead and put the date on it that you want how would they know? Did he get it from a pro shop? If so they may have it filled for you already with your name and info (possilbly provided by your dad)

When i bought my bow ,my pro shop i go to already done the deed for me..
Just ask your dad if he did this..

(imo) i wouldnt really worry bout it ,they should accept the warranty card when they get it..

zak123 02-02-2004 05:28 PM

How would you know if they didn't accept your warranty card?

HNTNWHTTAIL4LF 02-02-2004 06:14 PM

Hmmm good ?..

If it is a concern to you about them getting your warranty card,wait a few days and call their customer service and see if you can confirm that they received it... Or check out their website they may even have a warranty registration on there you can use..

davidmil 02-02-2004 06:27 PM

Use the gift date.

RTA47 02-02-2004 06:46 PM

The serial number would not have any thing to do with the sale of the bow! The serial numbers just tell the product line for PSE make ect. not when the bow was sold ! I work in automotive retail for Ford Motor Company! Some warranty`s starts at the date of puchase but the only way they would no that is if they ask you to send a copy of your reciept with yours mail in warranty. If they do ask for a copy of the reciept. I would call the PSE or there should be a number on your warranty form and tell them how you received the bow Im sure there will be no trouble! If they don`t ask for any thing else just post date it a few days before and mail it in.

Deleted User 02-03-2004 09:37 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]