Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting rublines >

Hunting rublines

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting rublines

Old 02-02-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Hunting rublines

I really want to give them a try this year but I have no idea about going about this...I know scouting them and wind direction but do you set up within bow distance of the rubs...this may sound kind of amatuer but I don't want to screw it up...I know of some big rublines but I just don't know how to go about this...thanks....all your help is appreciated!
Old 02-02-2004, 02:33 PM

Default RE: Hunting rublines

Check out "Rubline Secrets" by Greg Miller. This book will give you ALL the info you ever wanted on finding and hunting rublines. Goodluck.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:04 AM

hunting rub lines can be tricky. what you need to do is hunt different spots on rub line. and scout an area w/ rub lines. the only problem w/ hunting rub lines is that they only work in the pre-rut , and there on no particular pattern. when the full rut is in swing they will leave the area to chase does. a good idea I do and have had good success with is I make a mock scrap by his rub line and hunt the mock scrap. use a mock scrap scent also. will help bring him in if he thinks theres another buck in his territory. hope it helps. good luck!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Belle Island- You sead it! Greg Miller has some of the best info on hunting and finding rubline`s i have ever read. " Rubline Secrets" by Greg Miller.