HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   bowhunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/50956-bowhunters.html)

270 win. 01-27-2004 03:11 PM

bowhunters

what do you all think about rifles

ARMallardSlayer 01-27-2004 03:16 PM

RE: rifles rule

No one is going to try to change your mind. If your happy rifle hunting, I'm happy for you.

No one but yourself can decide if bowhunting is for you.

Arthur P 01-27-2004 03:25 PM

I like rifles. Especially when they've got nice bluing and mounted in a nicely figured piece of walnut. Not too crazy about fiberglass stocks and stainless steel. Very practical, I know, but I like a bit of the artistic in my weaponry. I love archery and bowhunting, but there are times I get the hankering to 'reach out and touch something.' ;)

270 win. 01-27-2004 03:27 PM

i agree completly. i love making that far off shot and just saying wow. i do not like stianless and love walnut especially in 270

ncbowhunter 01-27-2004 05:22 PM

I hunt with a riffle, shotgun, and bow. My favorite is the bow. There is no bigger rush than taking a deer with a bow.

Red Hawk 01-27-2004 05:26 PM

Well i like shooting because my dad (may he rest in peace) used to teach sharpshooting for SWAT teams and taught me how to shoot it. I am still learning to shoot the bow and i havent had a second though to go back to rifles ever since. Bowhunting is for me now [:-]
And if you are more happy shooting with a rifle then more power to you [:-]

ARMallardSlayer 01-27-2004 05:34 PM

You changed your original post......................

I love my rifles but I prefer to deer hunt with my bow.....

With a rifle, it's almost like it's a sure thing........with a bow, nothing is a sure thing.

I'd like to get into pistol hunting also.

Elkcrazy8 01-27-2004 06:18 PM

Hey Aurther P, I was just curious, Do you like to shoot your rifle with or without sights. Just kidding, have a great day!

Buck Magnet 01-27-2004 06:43 PM

Amen Arthur, I know what you mean. I LOVE a nice laminated wood stock, with no flaws and a nice shiney gloss coating, and a great blued barrel.
To me, the looks of the rifle are important. Gotta look good for them deer :D

Bowhunting is by far my favorite style of hunting, but, just like Arthur, I get the urge to take my rifle out and touch a deer, too bad I havn't shot a deer in like 4 or 5 years with my rifle because I have already got my tags filled or I didn't see any bucks that I wanted to kill.

isatarak 01-27-2004 08:10 PM

I like rifles, especially bolt action. I just started bowhunting 5 years ago and love it for a number of reasons, but when rifle season opens, I grab the rifle. It adds some variety to the long deer season. I also hunt with the Hawken muzzleloader.