Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WOW!!!!!!!!STEALTH CAM TAKES A BEATING!!!!!!! >

WOW!!!!!!!!STEALTH CAM TAKES A BEATING!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WOW!!!!!!!!STEALTH CAM TAKES A BEATING!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2004, 04:12 PM

Default WOW!!!!!!!!STEALTH CAM TAKES A BEATING!!!!!!!

Well guys,

I put up my $65.00 Stealth cam last Sunday and picked it up today. It wasn't full, actually, only half the roll was done, but I decided to get it developed as I wanted to see how it did in the winter weather.

All of the 12 pictures on the camera had deer. Two of the pictures are VERY hard to see deer, but that is because these deer are VERY far from the camera. The sensor will really pick up deer at a long distance.

I have some GREAT pictures (my first game camera pictures with snow). I did notice that some of pictures seemed to be "blurry". I am not sure exactly why this is. I believe that some of this was due to the fact that there was a light mist of snow when the pictures were taken.

Now, for the AMAZING part. The temps that this camera was in, were BRUTAL. Saturday night the temp dropped down to -13 degrees without the windchill. The camera worked flawlessly in that temp and that says alot. -13 degrees is well below what most cameras are recommended for. I also think that this temp could be part of the reason why the pictures were blurry. I am not sure if the film could have frooze, but I would bet in that temp it was possible.

Also, on a side note, I was using Duracell Ultras and they worked great. These batteries are still going strong (actually, like new) and they were in the camera for over a week when the highest temps in that time were in the teens and the lowest were well below zero.

I just wanted to let you guys know that the durability of this camera is very good so far. I have got a few dozen rolls of film out of it and it is still going strong. This was the one thing that I WAS worried about, but not anymore.

P.S. In the next few weeks I will be getting the digital Stealth Cam and I will be sure to give you guys a review on that!
Old 01-26-2004, 04:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: WOW!!!!!!!!STEALTH CAM TAKES A BEATING!!!!!!!

Good deal Jason. I had been waiting to here something like this from someone before putting my stealth out in this weather. If I get a chance before the double decker storm hits tomorrow I will sneak out and leave mine out for the week.

Digital? That would make posting the pics here on the forums a heck of alot easier.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:27 PM

Thanx for sharing the great info and also info about the extreme temperatures as I was curious if it would function at them minus digits, heck of a bargain for 65 bucks, to find them trophys!
Old 01-26-2004, 05:42 PM

ya thanks alot, now i know what camera i will buy to handle the cold saskatchewan weather.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:06 PM

Okay guys, here are three pictures that I got off this roll. No bucks this time, but I am hopefull that when I set my camera up again on Wed. I will get some.

Also, like I said earlier, these pics aren't as good as normal. The thing is that they are even worse on here because my scanner is going all whacky on me!!!

Well, here they are.......

When I put the camera out on Wed. I will be putting 150# of corn out in front of it and I will be setting the camera at 1 pic every 4 minutes. Hopefully I will get some good pics.

Also, anyone from PA knows how cold it has been this past week, plus, the camera went through a TERRIBLE snow and ice storm this morning before I got to it.

P.S. Some of you guys may remember me talking about my favorite stand site which I call "The Pond Stand". Well, these doe are standing on the edge of the pond. My stand is to the right side of the pics. You can't see it in the pic, but it is about 15 yards back from the right edge of the picture. Deer are ALWAYS moving around on the edge of that pond!
Old 01-26-2004, 06:44 PM

Thanks BM
I was apprehensive about putting mine out in cold weather, but it seems your's did just fine. I'll have to put mine out now.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:10 PM

Hey Buck M., Keep in mind that some of the posts the deer are already dropping some sheds.,might vary where you are though, and thanx for replying back about your Liberty.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:18 PM

Hey Robin,

I am hoping to try and get a pic of a buck with one of his antlers left and the other shed, or maybe a action pick of a shed falling off its head.... that would be sweet My dad saw a little 6 point today so I know that there is atleast one buck running around out here with both his antlers.

No problem on the response. Like I said, if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask
Old 01-26-2004, 07:26 PM

I kinda figured you had your eye on a buck by your stand, Good luck, and Thanks again!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:18 PM

is this the camera because i just bought one at bass pro

Quick Reply: WOW!!!!!!!!STEALTH CAM TAKES A BEATING!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.