Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow Hunting Videos >

Bow Hunting Videos

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Hunting Videos

Old 01-25-2004, 07:37 AM

Default RE: Bow Hunting Videos

Two Words DRURY OUTDOORS
Old 01-26-2004, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

i absolutely HATE the mossy oak videos. i didnt even buy their 2 pack this year and i returned last years to wal mart after watching it. the reason?? they give me a major headache just watching them. they cut (edit) the kill scenes so fast, that it actually gives me a headache watching it. dont get me wrong, they could have a great hunt on tape-but the butcher it when editing the film. i dont want a RATED G hunting tape. i actually like to see the deer after being struck by a arrow/bullet. all they give you is a quarter second after the impact. i also wont buy another dan fitzgerald tape or dvd. the last one i got was so terrible, that im considering throwing it away just to save space.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I do have 2 of a couple.[:'(]
I can take your dupe copies off your hands David, no problem.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:57 PM

I always enjoyed watching Hunters Blood, kinda gruesome, but exciting!
Old 01-26-2004, 11:25 PM

I like Primetime and Primos. They kind of mix it up with the people who are in the hunts and it's not the exact same 3 guys like in Realtree. I don't know if I have ever seen Bill Jordan get excited about harvesting a big buck. He exclaims, "alright, folks......let me tell you about this hunt" "I did this" and "I did that" and "I was able to get a good shot." zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Also, Mossy Oak makes the worst hunting videos ever!!!!!!

Not that I could do any better. I would probably break the camera!

TBO
Old 01-27-2004, 03:54 AM
Spike

My buddies have been doin the video thinga few yrs..They use Mini-DV camcorders and while the results aren't what you would see on Drury or Realtree they turn out pretty good. They usually get about a dozen bowkills on tape every yr mostly does and some small PA. bucks but they've got a few meduim 115-125" buck kills on tape...Seems like whenever they don't team up and take the camera they get a good'un that woulda been awesome on tape. At the end of each season they use a editing program(not sure which one) and cut the footage down and add music and text and give them to friends...They turn out suprisingly good.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

The DVD "Bowhunting October Whitetails" I just watched over two nights was great and there wasn't a hint of promotional garbage in it like you find in so many others. I picked up the DVD at Gander Mt. and it has volume I & II on it for a total of 120 minutes. The first is better than the second, but both have good amounts of information on them. It is an older video and shows its age in the equipment used, but I think that's a benefit in this case in that it forced them to concentrate on things like deer movement and wind.

They do take quite a few shots at running deer in the video with both compound and recurve, which is the only knock I have. In fairness, it shows them practicing running shots and hitting better than most hit stationary. They also have a disclaimer against the promotion of running shots unless you're absolutely comfortable with it.

Regardless of the these shots, the other tips and techniques they promote will definately affect my hunting this coming year.

Fritz
Old 01-27-2004, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys should check out any of the hunting videos by Gary Bogner. He has both an African and North America series. On his first African video he takes the big six (lion, leopard, cape buffalo, elephant, rhino, and hippo) all with a bow, it is pretty amazing. His are some of the best videos I have ever watched. I am also one of those guys who has a library of them for the off season. It is pretty bad when you own more hunting videos than feature films!
Old 01-27-2004, 06:24 AM

Monster Bucks XI Vol. 1 & 2

Watched it several times. I liked it a ltot
Old 01-27-2004, 07:45 AM

I love the monster bucks series, but I really love the primetime series even more. I recommend them.

Quick Reply: Bow Hunting Videos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.