HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   hoyt razortec, mathews lx, bowtech vft (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/50418-hoyt-razortec-mathews-lx-bowtech-vft.html)

pup 01-22-2004 04:05 PM

hoyt razortec, mathews lx, bowtech vft

ok guys here is the deal, the last year i have been hunting with a razortec and i love the bow, but i am really getting a ich for a new bow but i cant just go out and by one. so i was thinking about trading my razortec for maybe a vft or a patriot or maybe a lx or legacy what do you all think i have a pro 40 i use for target and i love it thats why i was thinking maybe a bowtech, but i have never owned a mathews and i have made fun of them alot so i was thinking maybe i should get one of them so i have a lest byast opinion. ok so anyways lets here some suggestion form you all... OH YEAH I LOVE MY RAZORTec but for some reason just want a change, i kinda like the feel of a one cam better for a hunting bow.

Belle Island 01-22-2004 04:11 PM

RE: hoyt razortec, mathews lx, bowtech vft

Go to archerytalk.com and the free classifieds sections and propose a trade. I'm sure you will get some hits.

pup 01-22-2004 04:14 PM

yeah im sure ill get hits right away but im not sure if i want to yet thats why i am looking for suggestions. maybe we should take a poll on what bow i should get:D

Belle Island 01-22-2004 04:16 PM

None of them will be as smooth and sweet as that razor tec.

I've owned a legacy, owned a bowtech, and I currently shoot and own 2 hoyts. No comparison in my eyes.

rcd567 01-23-2004 11:52 AM

The idiot that owns the Pro Shop where I do business called to tell me he just unboxed a new Mathews Outback. Just so happens its in my draw length and preferred weight.[:@] I specifically told him not to order any! And especially not to tell me if he did! He must have noticed that I recently developed a twitch and an itch. The wife has forbid me from getting a new bow this year! I had planned on going to the pro shop to look at a Bohning arrow cresting kit. Wonder if I should even go now.:(

Actually my wife is a small thing...bout 5 foot, 115 pounds...but has the temperment of a mountain lion.

Oh yeah, to answer your question, You should try a Mathews.

Rack-attack 01-23-2004 11:56 AM

If your looking at Mathews I will sell you my 6 yr old Feathermax

Has all the "New" technology of the 04's but half the price:D

Buck Magnet 01-23-2004 12:08 PM

HAHAHA Rack, you crack me up...

Now, as far as buying a Mathews just because you havn't had one before, that is just a stupid reason to buy a bow. Definetly shoot them, but shoot others bows also and pick the one that feels the best to you, know matter what brand it is.

buttonbuckmaster 01-23-2004 12:20 PM

I shoot a Mathews LX and I would not trade it for anything. I was always a Jennings/ Golden Eagle guy until I bought the LX. It is fast, smooth, and a perfect fit for me. I'll keep it along time. The LX totally set up was close to $1k....divorce costs alot more LOL.:D But keeping with everyone else's advice, try them all and buy what fits you and your budget. Have shot hoyts in the past and they, too, are superb bow. I haven't ever shot a bowtech, but they are a great looking bow and I hear they are very smooth as well.

pup 01-23-2004 12:32 PM

ok, well i know there are tons of guys out there who would tarde there last years mathews for my razortec im gonna shoot some bows and see what i like:D