HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Do you have a lifetime license in your state? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/50125-do-you-have-lifetime-license-your-state.html)

portable ladder 01-20-2004 11:36 AM

Do you have a lifetime license in your state?

Do you have a lifetime license in your state and if it is offerred, do you have one? In Indiana they are $855.00 for a lifetime and they cover all deer tags, turkey tags and small game, such as rabbits, squirrels, coyotes..etc plus state waterfowl stamps and quail stamps for the rest of your life, you never have to worry about state tags again or license increases. I am going to get one, does it sound worth it to you?

elk_freak99 01-20-2004 11:56 AM

RE: Do you have a lifetime license in your state?

portable ladder,

They do have those here in Idaho but I do not have one although it might be worth it. It does sound like a good deal where you are and I think I would go for it.

PABowhntr 01-20-2004 12:09 PM

I believe we have something like that but it is only available to senior citizens age 65 or older. I think it covers everything except for the bear tag...maybe one of the other PA guys can clarify this further.

davidmil 01-20-2004 12:22 PM

Hey, at my age..... if they had one.....(drum roll)... I'd buy it for a week at a time.;) (rimshot)[&:]

xibowhunter 01-20-2004 12:22 PM

as pa bowhunter said we only have a lifetime license here in pa availiable to seniors , yiu have to get it from the game commisions office , i couldn't find any additional info in the digest.

hdsanders 01-20-2004 12:28 PM

Georgia has lifetimes licenses.

Adult = $500..excludes federal stamps
Child = $250..Can be purchased by adults for children and is good for their life.

I currently do not have one but intend on buying one for me and one for my twins in the near future.

CatskillHuntr 01-20-2004 12:39 PM

I bought one here ni NY before I moved to NJ, and I think it was a bargin at my age (30yrs old).

It was like $725 when I bought it 2 years ago...now the same tags are over $800.

For $725 I have;
1. Lifetime Fishing
2. Lifetime Turkey
3. Lifetime Small Game (includes game birds and predators)
4. Lifetime Big Game
5. Lifetime Bowhunting

if your still young enough...spend the money. I figured it out. For what I used to pay for my tags every year I would have spent this amount in 10 years time. So now by having this liscence I'll practically be hunting for free from the time I'm 40 till I'm in the ground..

WV Hunter 01-20-2004 12:49 PM

In WV they have them. It's $425 for it. Covers everything except additional tags and a bear stamp. I have one that I got a while back, and since I live in VA now...it has paid for itself a couple times over already. (non-resident would be about $200/year for the hunting I do).

I bought one for my son as well. If you buy it before they turn 2, you can get an Infant Lifetime Lic for $213.

VA has one also, but it is only for small game...I think it's around $250. You still have to buy your big game license and any additional tags. Definitely not worth it in my opinion.

Okie-Buck 01-20-2004 01:20 PM

I have one in Oklahoma and Kansas. The Oklahoma one is a great deal, I never have to buy any tags, just take your animal to a check station and they give you the tag you need there. It cost me around 400 dollars. The one I have in Kansas just covers me from having to buy a hunting liscense for the rest of my days. I have had them both for about 10 years, they have been a really good investment.

Danny45 01-20-2004 02:42 PM

I have one. I got it in 1994. I actually have a combination hunting/fishing and it cost 400.00 then. They are very expensive now. I think the combo is going for 725.00 now. However, it is good for the remainder of your life, whether you remain a resident or not. And, like Okie-Buck stated, you don't have to buy anything ever again except for the federal waterfowl stamp and a trout license.

Mine paid for itself within 4 years, and with the rising costs of licenses and tags, I imagine even at the new higher price, it will have paid for itself in 5 or 6 years.