Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What kind of guy is this? >

What kind of guy is this?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What kind of guy is this?

Old 01-18-2004, 08:15 PM

Default RE: What kind of guy is this?

I believe in Mississippi they can shoot chemical tipped arrows that paralyze when they get in the bloodstream. I'm not saying this guy was using them but a lot of hunters down there just try and fling an arrow to hit the deer anywhere they can. Every hit is lethal. Think about that for awhile. Lots of Pros and Cons on that topic.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:53 PM

I live in Mississippi and haven't heard of this at all. It would be in the hunting booklet they pass out. Says nothing about the chemical arrows. If he was using the chemical arrows, could it be entered as the No. 1 typical Pope and Young for Mississippi. It won by 3/8".
Old 01-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Dominant Buck

NOPE... you can't use drug tipped arrows and put it in the book.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:53 AM

ORIGINAL: zak123

It was in the Mississippi Game and Fish in the October 1900 edition.

That is just horrible.[:@][:@][:@]

[] Ummm why are you getting your shorts in a knot for something that happened 104 years ago??? [X(] That could very well have been to feed hs family.....who knows what went on 104 years ago....geeeeeezzzzzz quit living in the past............Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 01-19-2004, 04:32 AM

LOL Brampton! Well hell in that case he probably had a yew brach with catgut string and hand shaved cedar arrows with a flint head which makes him...one hell of a hunter!
Old 01-19-2004, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

A real winner in my book. No wonder the antis always have so much ammunition....
Old 01-19-2004, 07:24 AM

I believe in Mississippi they can shoot chemical tipped arrows that paralyze when they get in the bloodstream.
We call it "poison" here. Very few people still use poison. I don't use it, but my understanding is that it is illegal to sale it, but you can use it if you have it???? Stupid law, it should be banned all together. The "poison" is in a powder form and you use "pod" on your arrow and when struck it enters the blood stream. The chemical is the same one used by vets to put animals to sleep, but in much stronger doses. I always felt the poison posed to much of a danger to hunters, if accidently punctured by the arrow you would be dead in a matter of minutes, that's scary.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I always felt the poison posed to much of a danger to hunters, if accidently punctured by the arrow you would be dead in a matter of minutes, that's scary.
Belle Island, the only thing scary about it is misinformation. Take a peek:

http://www.mississippibowhunters.com...s/anectine.htm

Like you say, though, it's legal to use the stuff but not legal to possess it. (???)
Old 01-19-2004, 09:30 AM

Brampton Mike I meant 1990 sorry.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:49 AM

That could very well have been to feed hs family
I agree he could have used the meat for his family. I forgot to mention that there was a 8pt standing still, perfect shot, a couple yards away. If he needed meat badly why would you risk it. Take a running shot or a broadside. I would take the broadshot if I needed meat.

Quick Reply: What kind of guy is this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.