Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is a used Matthews Legacy worth? >

What is a used Matthews Legacy worth?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is a used Matthews Legacy worth?

Old 01-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default What is a used Matthews Legacy worth?

What kind of prices are you guys finding on used Matthew's Legacy's. I have one that is approx. one year old I'm thinking of selling. it's a 28" that adjusts to 70lb. I'm not sure if I want to sell it with my equip. It has a Toxonics Hybrid IV w/level, a 3d silent rover, and the sims handle wrap, leeches, and round vibration dampners.

Any ideas on it's value with or without the accesories are appreciated. It's in perfect condition (I shot my buck the first day of the season and it sat the rest of the year).

Thanks,

Cybersniper
Old 01-16-2004, 08:23 PM

Default RE: What is a used Matthews Legacy worth?

Check ebay, you should find some comparable bows on there for sale. Last summer I sold a 2002 Legacy, with trophy taker, quiver, and 3 pin matrix sight, for $750.

Now, with the new Mathews bow out, you would probaby get around $450-$500 for a 2003 and $350-$400 for a 2002 for the bow only, not sure about accessories.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:48 AM

Bow itself $450-500 depeding on condition, w/ accessories $550-650!
Old 01-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys!! I may even keep it after reading the differences between the LX and the Legacy. It doesn't seem like you gain much more than a few feet per second and the ability to change the let off (which also changes the draw length)

Cybersniper
Old 01-17-2004, 05:41 PM

I shot both an LX and a Legacy last year. I liked the Legacy better and bought it. No regrets, just my opinion.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Spike

I just sold my Legacy for $550.00 with sights, rest and stabilzer
Old 01-17-2004, 08:43 PM

Robinhood: That is a good deal, but I don't like to use the Ebay prices when figuring out a good price for the Mathews Bows, some of those people are crazy!

psuross: You like the Legacy more, must be your opinion, I shot both right next to eachother, LX put a wuppin on the Legacy, maybe it was just me, but I thought the LX was way better, but it does not matter both are good bows!
Old 01-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

psuross: You like the Legacy more, must be your opinion, I shot both right next to eachother, LX put a wuppin on the Legacy, maybe it was just me, but I thought the LX was way better, but it does not matter both are good bows!

Jeff, What do you mean by this? How were the bows that much different. I alos shot both and couldn't notice any difference is smmothness and the LX is only 5 fps faster.

Cybersniper
Old 01-18-2004, 07:26 PM

I have shot both and there is a big difference to me in the way they enter their wall at full draw. The Legacy seemed to creep into the wall and the LX seemed to have a very short creep and then boom; WALL. For my tastes, I like the LX draw and am buying one next month.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:43 PM

The draw cycle, the noise level, the length, the cam, almost everything is different on the LX, and you can notic it when shooting both bows!

Quick Reply: What is a used Matthews Legacy worth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.