Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How dedicated are you ? >

How dedicated are you ?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How dedicated are you ?

Old 01-17-2004, 04:50 PM

Default RE: How dedicated are you ?

one word ... WOW! or maybe ... CRAZY! oh wait i shoot all the time and when season starts back up im in the woods every day. so i guess i cant say nothin.Thats pretty cool bout shootin in the house might have to try that one!
Old 01-17-2004, 04:56 PM

My wife says I'm way too much into archery and bowhunting, I'm treasurer of our local archery club, Director for Unitied Bowhunters of Kentucky, IBO & ASA member, help out at a local shop , tune bows & make arrows on the side for friends and co-workers, shoot lots of 3-D . It would be nice to be rich and do this fulltime but I'm not that lucky.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:07 PM

Hey Elkcrazy, sounds like you need to marry your bow, or maybe you already have, LOL !
For practice used to walk around my dad's hay fields and shoot at the bales of hay out in the fields. Was alot of fun, until he made us retie all the bales that we cut the strings on.
I go to the archery range once in a while, but for the most part, I can pull the old compound out and literally pound the bulls eye from 20-30 yrds. in the back yard. Gets kinda boring though, rather be shooting at a 3-d shoot or hunting something.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:36 PM

1 marriage,1000's of dollars .hunting is not a hobby it is a way of life!!!!!!!!!!!!! live it,loveit,eat,sleep,breath,it.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:18 PM

Well,

Im 17 and i remember being 6 or so and be on every hunting trip with my dad, there were a few occasions ofcourse where i couldnt go and i remember those times running out the door crying chasing my dad and his hunting buddy chads truck all the way down the street! or id be in the living room pouting cuz i couldnt go! For the most part my dad had me out there in the woods scince i was probably bout 6 and still am today. Im always shooting my bows, recurve and compound every day in the backyard, (but this winter i kinda slowed up a bit becuase im trying to sell my compound and buy the new liberty) becuase i think that getting in tune with both will help your shooting all the way around. i attend all the 3-d shoots and this last year i took about 8 days off of school to go elk hunting (LOTS of make up work [X(]) but it was well worth the experiences that i was able to witness!
Old 01-19-2004, 05:14 PM

dad and i finished the basement so we can have a 3d range we put hinges and samll doors 10"x10" in the wall so we can open them up and shoot through the walls for our 25 and 30 yard shots i just recently got permissoin to hunt a farm that is on my way home from school so i will get an evening hunt in everyday next year i get to take off from school and dad takes off work so we can spen at least one solid week in the woods usaully planned around the rut [:-]
i shoot every single day no matter what and hunt every single chance i possibly can the in the summer i am down on our property with chainsaw in one hand seed in the other working to make the land better and the deer bigger some day i hope to be able to retire and live on my own slice of land and hunt somthing every single day without a care in the world
Old 01-19-2004, 08:07 PM

I was up in ONTARIO Canada, two weekends ago to visit some friends and we went stump shootin two days in a row in -40 degree weather.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Owned 2 archery shops & lanes for 15 years. was a state officer & local club Pres. for many years. Archery column writer several years. Tourny shooter from 1960s thru 80s. have never gun hunted-bowhunter 46 years Big & small game. hunted 3 states & 9 hunts off season this past year making video on hog hunting. Informational Bowhunting Video producer now.
Heading out for a Buffalo hunt end of March. Archery & Bowhunting has been my business & life since 1956.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:55 AM

God, G/F, and hunting ( If i had to throw a stick at them i would still go!)
Old 01-20-2004, 01:26 PM

From Feb. thru Sept I shoot every day that I can and from Oct. thru Jan I am hunting every chance that I get.