Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what is wrong?

Old 01-14-2004, 04:28 PM

Default what is wrong?

im shooting great at 20 yards and 25 yards but at 40 im shooting right about 3 or 4 inches what the deal ?
Old 01-14-2004, 04:34 PM

Default RE: what is wrong?

could be a number of things:

torque, form, release or you might need to move your site just a tad. Hang in there, it will get better. Just remember to follow through and squeeze that trigger.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you paper tuned and stopped there, then it's likely your rest is off a smidge to the right. Adjust the rest until the arrows shoot down the middle at both 20 and 40 yards, then readjust the sight.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:53 PM

Do you have a level on your bow?

Sounds like you are canting it a little
Old 01-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

See if your sight is level with the bow. I had the same problem with mine and solved the problem by shimming the bottom screw on my sight so that the sight is parallel with the bow. I used the wire in my spot-hogg sight and lined it up with the string. If you are shooting a sight with pins that are all of the same length, try looking from the front side of the bow at the string and see if all of your pins are lined up with the string. You can also take it to a bow shop and have it done with a level. But this method would work at home. It sure helped me out.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:36 AM

Sure your string isn't hitting your forearm? I was out shooting my bow the other day and for some reason it was shooting 3-4 inches left. I was wearing my big winter coveralls. I didn't hear anything, but soon found it to be my string hitting my clothing. I put on a tighter fitting jacket and my shot is right on again.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

I would look into buying a level, Try sighting in at 40 yds and then shooting at 20 to see if there is still a difference, I say this because some shooters may be slightly off at 20 yards and not even know it. Then when you step back to 40 the amount you are off is magnified.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:48 AM

I had a bowshooting instructor tell me that those levels distract your attention and can make you mess the shot up at "the moment of truth". Just someting i have heard. I have shot a bow with a level on the sight, but i don't think it changed much because usually i don't pay attention to it[&:]
Old 01-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with avid_bowhunter. I have never used a level and never had a need for one, it tends to be more of a hinderence. I would suggest either re-centering your rest or taking it to a pro shop to have it centered. It sounds like it's off a hair and your arrows are fish tailing just a little.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:38 AM

I believe its exactly what pjarrow said. It may be off just a tad. Maybe an inch or so. 1 inch at 20 means 2 inches at 40 maybe more, so move your sight accordinly till its zerod in at 40. Then shoot at 20 and see what happends.Let us know.

Quick Reply: what is wrong?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.