HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Stickbow vs Compound (training wheels) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/49426-stickbow-vs-compound-training-wheels.html)

NativeStickBowMan 01-14-2004 02:55 PM

Stickbow vs Compound (training wheels)

DING, DING, DING, LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!

Well boys, ive been hunting for a better part of a quarter century and i started roving around with a stickbow as a young boy. I suddenly progressed to shooting a compound at one point and had some success with that as well. And uh, needless to say i fell back to the native american stickbow, when things started to uh, get, well, a little too mechanical and technical for me. As far as gadgetry, aluminated pins and sights, releases, fall away rests, cams, and training wheels, those three to four foot stabilizers, doinkers and such.
it didnt take me long to dump my training wheels and fall back to the traditional way of archery and shooting the way it should be--instinctivly with a stickbow, to eliminate all the problems gadgets and doo dads. As our forefounding fathers of archery and the american indians that wich a kept things rather simple. Heres a few names you might recognize, lets start with uh, The Freds, Fred Bear and Fred Asbell, uh, Howard and Jerry HIll and least but definatley not last uhh Bob Lee. Now arrows uhh, have even gotten technical with those high priced carbons and accs goin at uh $120 a dozen, uhh well i like to make my own arrows and bows i can buy 2 dozen uhhh arrows and make bow for the price of a dozen a those 120 dollar carbons, and the bows i make uh really talk to me when im out shooting and roving, with uh no gadget problems haunting me, the only thing that can go wrong is an inexpensive string that has to be replaced and i make my own flemished strings. I want to see your take on the stickbow vs the sophisticated Dodge Hemi of a Bow.

"Under Wide Open Skies" - NativeStickBow

Arthur P 01-14-2004 03:16 PM

RE: Stickbow vs Compound (training wheels)

All's I can say is you got some brass plated cajones leading making that your first ever post on the forum.

Always good to see another stickbow shooter. especially one that's got absolutely NO sense of political correctness. Welcome! [8D]

Archer18 01-14-2004 03:37 PM

Hey Stickbowman,

Thats great you think that highly of yourself, now im not cuttin you down here or anything, but you know, everybody has thier own shooting preferences i choose to live todays technology while your still in the stone age he he he. I shoot a bowtech extreme solo and pay $120 for carbons, thats my choice. You know we all share the love for bowhunting and it doesnt matter if we shoot a dodge hemi of a bow or a dinosaur of a bow. One these days you know you could be among the bowtechs, and mathews bow shooters, ya never know ya know. :D

jag-mag 01-14-2004 03:43 PM

bowman do you shoot buffalo while riding your paint pony also?

NativeStickBowMan 01-14-2004 03:50 PM

Well uhh, somehow all the buffalo got wiped out so i uh like to ride side saddle and i uh chase them long eared jack rabbits across the open plains, and as a matter a fact i do have painted ponies, and im uh very accurate while riding bareback on paints, try that with uh your training wheels.

"Under Wide Open Skies"-NativeStickBow

Belle Island 01-14-2004 04:00 PM

why do put a "uh" between every thought? It sounds childish, which if I had to guess is probably what you are. If not, why do you come across as so cocky?

slippery 01-14-2004 04:02 PM

and u stutter too?

jag-mag 01-14-2004 04:03 PM

So stickman what kind of yardage with accuracy we talking here, from the top of your paint to the ground is maybe 5 yrds uh might as well use a spear.

DoeCuller 01-14-2004 04:06 PM

Wow, this is better than the Bigfoot thread. :D:D:D:DI'm shooting a compound but I'm planning on getting into the stick game. All the archery books I've read which ain't many are stickmen. Books Read: All of Fred's, Hunting With The Bow and Arrow, Hunting The Hard Way and of course ISHI.

NativeStickBowMan 01-14-2004 04:08 PM

Hmm well lets see, uhh, im actually 37 yrs old. Belle Island, I will stand to be insulted by you, as far as im concerned you sound childish. I will leave it that.

Im fairly accurate at all distances out to 50 yrds, not saying id take an animal at that distance, uhh i uh stalk my prey uh with a great warrior uh skills and make clean, deceptive kills.