HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I NEED HELP! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/49383-i-need-help.html)

jsasker 01-14-2004 08:31 AM

I NEED HELP!

The deer season has been over for 2 weeks and i'm ready to go hunting already--I can't take the waiting until next year's bowhunting to start again.I know there are other things to shoot with bow but the only thing i really look forward to is bowhunting whitetails.What to do,what to do?Anyone have any ideas?Season seems sooooooooo far away!

RobinHood36 01-14-2004 08:50 AM

RE: I NEED HELP!

Go out and buy 'cabelas big game hunter', or the deer hunter series, I'ts not the same, but it helps. :D

ARMallardSlayer 01-14-2004 08:59 AM

Do alot of target shooting................Our season doesn't end til Feb15th

avid_bowhunter2005 01-14-2004 09:15 AM

Do some bowshoot competitions, go squirrel hunting, whatever floats your boat.

Rack-attack 01-14-2004 09:22 AM

Anyone have any ideas?Season seems sooooooooo far away!
I love the off season as much as I love the season. Actually as my looong bow season closed I couldn't wait for sheding and scouting time to come:)

You never know when you will find that tree or shed that will lead you to bullwinkle next year.

Get in the woods and enjoy:D

SchuylkillOutdoorsman 01-14-2004 09:24 AM

Go hunting with your camera, its alot easier to drag out too...;)

RobinHood36 01-14-2004 09:45 AM

Another idea is if you can purchase a 3-D whitetail target, and practice shooting at various yardages, and when next year rolls around, you will be ready to put that arrow in the sweet spot. :D

jsasker 01-14-2004 09:52 AM

I'm thinking of getting the bionic buck and that should be better than shooting the block but i feel like i'm having hunting withdrawl--they don't make a patch for that do they?

jimpok61 01-14-2004 10:18 AM

:) Scout and you will be suprised at what you find out there during off season. Make a game of it for yourself, be creative, bring your bow with you for that chance at elusive critters you can legally hunt. Scout some more. Have fun being in the playground and before you know it next season will arrive and you shall be prepared.

adams 01-14-2004 10:20 AM

jsasker,

They do not make a stop hunting patch, Thank god! The anti's and peta people would be going crazy sticking them on everyone. You could try a teaspoon of tinks #69 and that should cure you for a while. [X(]

Just getting out and staying active usually works for me. If you have a gps you could join the bow hunters geocacheing club. You too can be a gps'n fool.:D