HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Sun-up to Sundown, My last day! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/49363-sun-up-sundown-my-last-day.html)

hammerman 01-13-2004 11:18 PM

Sun-up to Sundown, My last day!

Wednesday is going to be my last day in the woods as far as hunting goes.
I'm going out west to some public property that I haven't hunted since the first of November, usually there aren't many hunters in the woods after christmas so I should have a good chance at seeing some activity. My plan is to set up in the morning in one spot til 9am then do some stalking/scouting until 3pm and then setup in a new place that show some good signs.
Should be a good day they're calling for some snow showers in the morning.
Tomorrow is all or nothing, I need one more to hold me over until October 1st!!

Red Hawk 01-14-2004 12:09 AM

RE: Sun-up to Sundown, My last day!

Good luck to you. Let us know how you do.

jimpok61 01-14-2004 05:38 AM

:) Stick one today and the off season will be so much sweeter. My prayers are with you in your quest.

Jeff K 01-14-2004 06:41 AM

Tomorrow is going to be my last day, today is not looking good with the wind and all, tomorrow I think will be the better of the 2 days, but either way, the season is going to end whether I shoot something or not!

drstalker 01-14-2004 05:34 PM

Tonight was the end of my season.:( And I pulled out all the stops and it hurt me:( I had three large does working up to my tree stand then they saw my decoy that I put out.When they saw it they meandered away from it.I harvested a nice doe this year with this decoy and had a few really nice bucks come into it at other times as well as yotes.Oh well I'll keep notes and set it up differently next season.Good luck to you all.It was a blustery night.Bill D>

hammerman 01-14-2004 07:47 PM

RE: Sun-up to Sundown, My last day! It's over!

Well it's over!
I was in the woods by 6am and came out at 5:30pm. I hiked proably 5-6 miles
through pines, thorns, thick bedding areas, open fields, I would find a well used trail and setup on it for a couple of hours then hike some more. A freind met me at 3pm and we setup by a corn field on a trail i found this morning, he went about 150 yards away from me in a creek bed. After all the work I did during the day all I saw was one doe that I kicked up when I was headed to the truck to come home.My friend had six doe 70 yards out then they ran for some reason.
I couldn't belive after all that time in the woods I only saw one deer, but I did find some areas that I will be hunting next season , lots of big rubs!!

Overall I have had a great year I got my first bow kill 11pt and missed an 8 & 9pt.
I will never forget this season, I'm hooked for life!!!

drstalker 01-14-2004 08:14 PM

RE: Sun-up to Sundown, My last day! It's over!

Great to hear that you where able to fill a buck tag Hammerman.What county did you tag it in?Just does for me this season,I have a big buck lurking on my father in laws where I hunt and he eluded me again this year[:@]I'll get em next year.It's time for ice fishing now gotto stock the freezer with some fish I am getting low:D