Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you miss an elephant???? >

How do you miss an elephant????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you miss an elephant????

Old 01-10-2004, 10:33 AM

Default RE: How do you miss an elephant????

Well if you get that big of an animal in at that close of range i could see how you could miss. It happens boys, i respect the guy for gettin back out there.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:25 PM

neat stuff akbound. thanks for sharing. I think the guys problem is that his bow was much too heavy. How do you expect him to hold up a bow that weighs 105lb??? The next time i miss an elephant in the woods i wont feel so bad..................
Old 01-10-2004, 12:51 PM

atleast he missed it and didnt just wound it
Old 01-10-2004, 12:58 PM

I suspect after crappin himself, he slipped a bit on the dribble oozing over his boots.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

New Messages
He must closed his eyes and turned around hoping the elephant wouldn't see him .....hahaha

nubo
Old 01-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I enjoyed the read. Also its always a good idea to try to keep in touch with relatives, no matter how distant You only go around once and they are much to precious not to pass down through the generations. I wish as a child or early adult I had asked more questions about family history. Seems like by not keeping in touch, the only time I see relatives is at funerals. I guess times have changed. [:'(]

And as far as the elephant story. I'd hate to be the guy that missed. Cause someday he's going to book another trip, and while creeping through the bush, when he's least expecting it.... Well, we all know an elephant never forgets.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:32 PM

Maybe it jumped the string if that 105 lb bow wasnt fast enough
Old 01-10-2004, 07:17 PM

i think he's lucky he missed .the only way in is between the ribs.a elephants ribs are the size of a 2x4 they well stop any arrow.must people that shoot elephants run after the shot and the elephant is shot by a high power rifle.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I forgot to mention that Fred Bear took a elephant with a 75 pound draw. I never have gotten anything with a bow yet but i think i'd be able to hit an elephant at 15 yards regardless of excitment or target panic. If came down to it, i'd just beat the elephant with the bow itself
Old 01-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Dominant Buck

How do you field dress an elephant? How do you cape an elephant? How do you prepare elephant meat? Nahhhhhhhh..... there's absolutely no reason to shoot an elephant except macho bull-doo-doo. The 105 pound bow is probably a requirement. I know that most of those African countries dictate a minimum for dangerous game like Cape Buffalo etc. I think most are at least 90 or 95 pounds. I agree... overbowed(and probably under practicing) and just sheer "Elephant Fever". He's a wannabe that thinks an elephant kill will make people think he's something special. He's had a lot of time since his last miss to work up to that bow... he just didn't work at it is all.

Quick Reply: How do you miss an elephant????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.