Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
BOORRRRRRRING!!!!! >

BOORRRRRRRING!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOORRRRRRRING!!!!!

Old 02-08-2002, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default BOORRRRRRRING!!!!!

Only 5 of the 23 posts at around 8am CST had anything to do with hunting. The rest were technical, equipment, gear-related questions. Can anyone come up with some good, quality posts about hunting? Hunters have proved that game can be harvested with the most primitive of equipment clear down to a stick and a string so why do folks stress out about their high tech equipment? It doesn't take all that much to get sighted in and be set to hunt IMO. To me, it is the challenge of "the hunt" that is the most challenging, yet most rewarding aspect of bowhunting. As long as my bow is sighted in and shooting good groups I could care less about all the rest. I haven't changed a thing on my bow in the last 5 years! Yet, I've killed 4 nice bucks in that time. It's not the bow but the hunter that makes the difference in a successful hunt. The following are the posts at 8am.

1. Opinions on a bow.

2. Martin guys or others please?

3. Mathews 2002 bows with Roller Guard
trophy taker rest

4. Why Strings Break??

5. Martins string lizard

6. High Country Customer Service

7. I need to vent

8. 400gr minimum in PA?

9. String silencers

10. Zero Effect Users

11. Maybe a bitz?

12. Steel force broadheads

13. Illinois non-resident hunters

14. Arrow Weight Question

15. Is the proof on your table?

16. Peep Sight Problems

17. True Talker users please respond

18. Uncle Ted ?

19. Quivers for expandables?????????????

20. Grunt calls what rest do you recomend?????

21. I'm back

22. Gene Wentzells books

23. Sun in your face while in stand
Old 02-08-2002, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BOORRRRRRRING!!!!!

Didn't hear anything useful about hunting fom you either.
Old 02-08-2002, 08:14 AM

What would you like to talk about? Maybe we can let you start the discussions and complain about them, nothing helpful or positive just complaints. I thought we talked about this in another post and most didn't share your opinion from what I remember.
I know buying a bow is a big investment for me and I want to feel confident in my choice, sorry that bores you wolfen.
How much thought did you put into your purchase of that bow you're so happy with? Did you just get lucky? or are you just that knowledgable? Maybe you just grew to love it like a ...nevermind,I really hate to say negative things to someone or about I don't truely know so I'll not let myself.
Did you have a bad night last night or something? If you just want to sling crap then there is another board I've seen that you'd fit right into. Or maybe you would be better off starting your own message board and that way you could call all the shots.
Be positive and tell us some of the posts that you do like; if you feel like it.

I apoligize wolfen, I just reread my post and I sound a little derogatory (sp?) and I'm sorry. I really hate it when people do that.

Edited by - chiefheadhunter on 02/08/2002 09:18:03
Old 02-08-2002, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Chief...where's the "other" board you are talking about...I'll check it out! No problem about your post either. I was expecting to get lit up on this post anyway. I like debate...it's good, healthy, and productive. As far as me and my bow, I paid about $200 for the entire set up brand new from a friend who is a Pearson dealer and got it sighted in and never looked back. The bow I had before that I had for 6 years and never changed a thing except for the sights once. You made a good point also about my contributing more positive comments and I will work on that.
Old 02-08-2002, 08:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-08-2002, 08:53 AM

There are bowhunters and there are just hunters. A bowhunter is some one who looks at archery as a way to take game and learning about equipment and gear are important in the taking of game to them because, they what to be at there best and the feel they owe it to the game they hunt to be there best. put archery and hunting together and it spells bowhunting. A hunter dosen't care he just hope he can hit it, be it a gun, bow or spear as long as he get one. I have taken lots of P&Y game and I take two to three deer a year and I don't just wound them. I have bowhunted for 36 year won national,state and local shoots but, I'm still learning new things about bowhunting and things that will help make me a better bowhunter. Equipment, new tricks and the way people shoot may help me to be a better bowhunter. I don't know evey thing and will not put others down for wanting to learn about hunting and equipment to try to be a better bowhunter.
Old 02-08-2002, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whoa! I come back to check out the forum after being away for a while and this is what I find. Controversy! I wish I could contribute some good hunting stories, but my season ended quite a while ago so I have swapped my bow for my golf clubs about 2 months ago. I would love to hear some good stories to get the blood boiling again.
Old 02-08-2002, 08:54 AM

OK wolfen, now tell us how u really feel! I hope your day gets better. Next topic please.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:06 AM

Thanks for that reply Wolfen, I feel better now- I really just like getting along with my fellow man and love this board a lot.
It sounds like you got a great deal on your bow you lucky dog, not everyone else has that kind of connection so it must be nice. I'd be interested in knowing more about it if you feel like going in to it. Or maybe you can post it on the tech side cause there is a topic reguarding that it think.
On the subject of that other site, I'll try to email you if yours is shown and point you in the right direction. If you enjoy an argument, it's the place to be. Me, I get enough of that interacting with the ladyfolk I try to relate with.
Later- Chief

Well I see your e-mail is not shown. I'll try to get mine changed here soon to an active account then we can converse maybe.

Edited by - chiefheadhunter on 02/08/2002 10:09:58
That was a really good post Bowdon.

Edited by - chiefheadhunter on 02/08/2002 10:12:07
Old 02-08-2002, 09:16 AM
Dominant Buck

WOLFDEN: Tinkering with the gear gets you in shape, kills the bordom between seasons and hunts, makes you better. If killing an animal is your judge of what makes a hunter I guess tinkering with equipment makes the best hunter. I kind of hold back and don't shoot everything I could. Yet in the same past 5 years you're talking about taking 4 or 5 nice bucks, I've taken about 5 times that. Now, I hold back. I hunt with a guy that shoots everyday pretty much. Even if only a few arrows. He tinkered around and shot somewhere around 10 or so this year. You say it's the hunter and not the equipment or the guy who knows it. Pretty hard to come up with hunting only related topics 12 months of the year without really repeating yourself. It's not rocket science. It doesn't take a genius or a "Predator" to kill a deer. Just a little dedication.

P.S. I'm on the way to the pro shop with two different type arrows and 2 different heads. I'm going to do some cutting and chopping and experimenting. I've only been doing this 31 years and I haven't found the perfect set up yet.

Edited by - davidmil on 02/08/2002 10:21:02

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.