HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   stealth cam (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/48084-stealth-cam.html)

drkhorns154 01-02-2004 07:15 PM

stealth cam

I got a stealth cam for christmas and i am going to put it out tommorow. I was wondering if anybody had any tips for putting it out?

liquidorange 01-02-2004 08:01 PM

RE: stealth cam

make sure you use kodak film 200 speed. i heard other brands were gettting hung up or something. check your batteries often. i can get about 2 to 3 rolls of 24 pictures and thats about it before changing them. i leave my camera out over salt licks or well used tails from 5 to 7 days. i attach the camera about waiste high and try not to face it directly pointing to the east or the west because the sun can set the camera off. make sure its in an area you can check on because people(scum) will steal them and i dont think theres a good way to lock it because its case is plastic.i put camo tape and pin on leaves to the strap to try to camo it up. HAPPY FILMING!;)

BigDaddy12t 01-02-2004 09:08 PM

I got one for Christmas too.I took it out and set it up last Sunday, went out yesterday to check the film and had 10 pictures taken on it. I t will be interesting to see some of the responces you get becouse I posted the same kind of post you did and didnt get any responces. I read someplace that you should use 800 speed film for better pictures in the dark. I will let you know how they turn out, I am going back out to get my film this weekend and I am taking it to a one hour photo,This is my first roll of film and I am very excited to see what is on there.Good luck with your new toy, and show us some of your pictures.

titleist_03 01-02-2004 11:06 PM

I've had good luck with 400 speed film. I've heard 800 gets too grainy. I've been mounting mine between 2.5 and 3.5 feet. Don't face it to the east or west or else you'll have alot of false pictures. Try to put it a little ways off of the trail and facing perpidicular too or else you'll get alot of picture of deer far in the distance. I've pretty much learned it all along the way. I've had mine since August and have some pretty nice pictures. Have fun with it!

titleist_03 01-02-2004 11:08 PM

Here's another!

dabowhunter 01-03-2004 03:19 AM

I put some tape on each side of the sensor (about 3/8 inch each side). That prevents it from taking pix before deer is in camera range. And 800 is the best for night pics. Compare my pixs to titleist and you decide. If mine are a little grainy it is because of compressing the file for this site..............dabow

titleist_03 01-03-2004 08:28 AM

Bowhunters are better but mine look worse after they are scanned becuase my scanner sucks. But even with that his are still better. I might have to try out some of that 800. Does it work well in light too?

Mathewsboy 01-03-2004 01:23 PM

USE 400 SP...
My pics turned out great

mathews2003 01-03-2004 03:54 PM

Must have been a hot item on the list for Santa; I also got one for Christmas; put it out today. I put it about 3 1/2' off the ground at my magnet mix I put out, I also used 400 speed film. I'll keep you informed and try and post some pics.

PAhunterJEN 01-04-2004 07:51 PM

Is it safe to put the camera out in freezing temps? When it is cold my digital camera battery runs out of power fast. Also, will the film survive the freezing temps?