HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   U.S.A. products (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/47556-u-s-products.html)

Wolf Dog 12-28-2003 08:48 PM

U.S.A. products

How important is made in the U.S.A. to all you hunters?

When I look at all the stuff we have as hunters to choose from Why and How IMPORTANT is it to us to buy made in the U.S.A. stuff?

KEEP THE JOBS IN ARE BACK YARDS !!!!!

bigbulls 12-28-2003 09:33 PM

RE: U.S.A. products

I buy the products that work the best for what I need them to do. I shoot CE arrows that are made over seas simply because they shoot well for me. I have tried Bemans and Eastons carbon arrows but they just do not shoot well out of my bow. My bow, and its accessories are made in the states though. I would like to buy everything in the USA but that's not always going to be the case. I drive a Toyota and most of my future vehicles will probably be foreign too. Not because I am anti America or anything but the Toyotas, Hondas, Mitsubishis, etc... are built better and last longer than the Chevys, Fords, and Dodges that we produce.[:o]

Cougar Mag 12-28-2003 09:44 PM

Hey Big Bulls, that Toyota you drive may be made in the U.S.........lol. Always wanted a Toyota truck myself.

I try to buy everything U.S.A. made, but its getting tougher. Some of the camoflauge is made overseas....just depends what company makes it. Everything I bowhunt with is made here.:D Check out some of the hunting boots on the market. All high quality boots by the major brands are made in the U.S. and are more expensive. Some of the same bootmakers sell cheaper boots but...........the cheaper boots are also cheaper in quality overall. Its even easy to tell just by looking at them.

Personally, I refuse to shoot an American deer with a Taiwanese made arrow, but thats me.

badshotbob 12-28-2003 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I drive a Toyota and most of my future vehicles will probably be foreign too. Not because I am anti America or anything but the Toyotas, Hondas, Mitsubishis, etc... are built better and last longer than the Chevys, Fords, and Dodges that we produce.[:o]
"DUUHHHHHHHH. And did I mention that I am stupid as a rock too?"

Our biggest export in this country is the U.S. buck. Buy enough foreign goods and none of us will have a job. You may live long enough to see that day too - it's not too far off, believe me.

Wolf Dog, you hit the artery for me on this one. Let me put it simple - I live in this country, NOT japan, china, bangladesh, indonesia, taiwan, or vietnam. Why in the hell would I want to support another country's economy? Yes, it is very hard to buy pure USA, but for the sake of our jobs and our kid's jobs to come, buy here or move out![:@]

badshotbob 12-28-2003 10:28 PM

And BTW, you are an idiot if you think a blanket statement that commie cars are better. I will not dispute that they CAN be a very good product. But I can site many many examples of US cars and trucks lasting a LONG time. Let's take my American built Chevy S-10 I sold at 256,000 miles that is still on the road..

CLOUD 9, MN 12-28-2003 10:46 PM

When I can, I do. If something is an absolute better value, I'll buy foreign products. Just because its made oversees doesn't mean its not being made for an American company or final assembly in the U.S.A.

Good Luck!

bigbulls 12-29-2003 01:37 AM

"DUUHHHHHHHH. And did I mention that I am stupid as a rock too?"

Hey badshotbob you don'y know me from Adam so keep that crap to yourself

Buy enough foreign goods and none of us will have a job. You may live long enough to see that day too - it's not too far off, believe me.
If an American product is better then I will buy it if it's not then the americans that make it need to wake up and produce a better product that's worth buying. Build a better product and people will buy it. Plain and simple.

I guarantee you that a very large percentage of stuff that you have in your house from the materials that it was made with to the clothes that you wear and the vehicles in your garage are either foreign made or utilize foreign parts. So get off of your high horse.

badshotbob 12-29-2003 08:45 AM

If an American product is better then I will buy it if it's not then the americans that make it need to wake up and produce a better product that's worth buying. Build a better product and people will buy it. Plain and simple.

First let me apologize for being an irrational moron and coming down on you so hard. I am obviously passionate about keeping America's jobs. As for Americans waking up and buidling a better product, we all may wake up and find ourselves without a job if we send all our money to foreign countries.

I guarantee you that a very large percentage of stuff that you have in your house from the materials that it was made with to the clothes that you wear and the vehicles in your garage are either foreign made or utilize foreign parts. So get off of your high horse.
I realize this. That's why I stated it's so hard to buy pure USA. Cold hard fact, but it still sucks real bad. 400 billion in US debt with china. That's a drag.

Anyway, I'll shut up now but just wanted to let you know I was out of line with my earlier reply. Sorry man. God Bless and good hunting to you.

Wolf Dog 12-29-2003 08:53 AM

From here on out starting in 2004 I will only hunt with U.S. gear!!!
I will only by U.S. personal stuff to!!
As hunters we need to support our sport with U.S. made goods!!
Let the stores over seas gear sit on the pegs and see how fast they re-order!!
Let the stores know up front we will not buy over seas products!!
I can only do what one man can do I hope you can add to this number.

justhrowit 12-29-2003 09:12 AM

Oh Boy...I think this thread opened up a big can or worms!!!!

j