Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

U.S.A. products

Old 12-30-2003, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: U.S.A. products

Made in the U.S.A. (shipped to China, assembled in Tailand, inspected in Brazil, stamped in Mexico.)

There are very few things that are made in the U.S.A. with every part coming from the US and put together in the US and sold in the US.

It's sad really. I'm sure the same goes for Canada.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ampahunter - you're not intruding. Thanks for the story.

Michigan is only a stone throw away from Canada, so we have a ton of workers coming here to work from Canada. My first preference would be USA made, but I would much rather buy Canadian made than China any day. Cabelas sells a Scent Lock jump suit liner deal that's made in Canada. The rest of the stuff is made overseas. I will by the Canadian made Scent Lock in a heart beat over China. (If only we could get Canada to handle their own garbage rather than shipping it all into MI, we'd be all set, that's another story though).

Here's a real good example: a guy down the road we buy hay from has been a machinist for 20 some years working in the same shop building the same main bearing fitted in jet engines. This part is machined to 1/100,000 of an inch tolerance. (To picture what this dimension means, split a piece of human hair in 4 and you have about the same dimension). The process is amazing. Guess where this guy is now? On the unemployment line looking for work. Why? Because the company was bought out by a bigger fish and the entire operation moved to Mexico. Think you didn't trust commercial air travel before? So, this guy loses his job and stops spending money localy placing strain on this guy over here that has to stop buying this product over there which makes xyz company lose business and forced out of business putting more people on the street. The suppliers that they bought from feel the burden now too and more people get laid off. Meanwhile, the Mexican's are drinking tequilla working on parts to fly us around the country, if we could afford it.

Bottom line, buy American if at all possible.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:29 AM

It doesn't matter to me. What ever works.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Amp. Nice story thanks for sharing.
My question on the Dr. is where was he educated? He may have been an Foreign born person but his hard earned dollars may be paying back student loans on our side of the Pond.

I try to buy American, but like most, will buy the best bang for the buck when it comes down to it.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doeculler I have read the thread on Eastern Outdoors and you guys have every reason to react to a bill that is as bias as the one the AZ Senator is attempting to block. Unfortunately, only the senator himself knows exactly what his reasons are for such an obtrusive situation.
As for import taxation, I agree with you 100%--overseas imported products should 'not be exempted' from taxes, while locally built products similar to the imports, are taxed. There 'must' be some form of home land protection for local jobs, all the while, paying attention to the supply and demand, quality and price and how this affects the consumer.
I can certainly understand how advantages vs disadvantages will have an adverse affect on 'the tax payers', leveling the competition is also just as important---for if this is ignored, the unscrupulous companies will monopolize and nail the consumers to the cross.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just a short response to Badshotbob, I am in total agreement with you-- the 'EMBARRASSING Garbage situation'-- is truly an insult and I am very much "ashamed" of our politicians who have negotiated this irresponsible matter. I AM ASHAMED!!
Badatta--I'm not sure where the goody Dr. was educated, his english was pretty difficult to understand--but man I am forever grateful to this man, I could have hugged him when the surgery was done.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

My Plymouth had 'Mitsubishi' stamped on the engine. My Winchester was made in Japan. My Timex watch was made in China. My Toyota pickup? Made in L.A.!

My favorite knife was made in Norway. My next bow is being made right now, in Canada.

Frankly, I got tired of buying American brand name products and finding out I'm not buying American. Welcome to the 'global economy.'
Old 12-30-2003, 04:33 PM

i look at it this way badshot you are right but so is mosteveryone else but not 1 time have everysingle one of us gotten dupped into believeing we where buying american made products, now back during WWII the same thing was always said ,buy american well the japanese got smart to this and what they did was stamp everything as made in USA hm pretty smart eah since it meant USA JAPAN and not U.S.A. nowadays all the foreign countries have a new game plan for the down fall of our economy, offer american business's cheap labor,factories and a great import market, yup good old u.s.a. and the ones we have to thank are the politicians the lobbiest's and the corporations them selves. they all have taken there slice of our AMERICAN PIE,,,, well my 2cents worth
Old 12-30-2003, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deadshot
nowadays all the foreign countries have a new game plan for the down fall of our economy, offer american business's cheap labor,factories and a great import market, yup good old u.s.a. and the ones we have to thank are the politicians the lobbiest's and the corporations them selves. they all have taken there slice of our AMERICAN PIE,,,, well my 2cents worth

deadshot, you're dead on. Most of our politicians have an agenda for all of us that wouldn't make us too happy at all. This in turn is ruled and driven by the fact that the one world order has been forming for many years. We have been spoon fed this notion that we are participating in a global economy. Well we are, but what is our biggest export? Cash. This whole economy is speeding to a deadly crash, one in which we will probably live to see. I want to do everything I can to prevent that, meaning keeping jobs here.

Newaygo ha? Fished there many times, I love that part of MI. I lived in Big Rapids for years. There used to be some great hunting over there.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have had 2 american cars that have reached the 200,000 mile mark so I am not buying into the forein cars are better,it just isn't true.And I had a Datsun when I was 16.

Another fact is we have a huge deficit with China,actually 12.6 billion ,not 400 billion as stated before.The reason is that we can not compete with their wages plain and simple.I am a tool maker and know for a fact that the people that are taking MY JOB in China make 40 cents an hour,THIS IS A FACT.I can,t compete with that no matter how you want to say it so that you sleep better at night.

We have about a 30 million dollar deficit with Mexico and canada and this is a problem but you can see it doesn't even come close to what is going on with China right now.

ANOTHER FACT,we have lost 2.5 million manufacturing jobs in the U.S. in the past few years due to this NAFTA crap.Is your job next?I would bet that it is.I have already had to sacrifice about $10,000 a year in overtime and even gone down to 32 hours a week for 3 months because of it.And no it isn't an isolated case of my shop,there have been about 3000 tool shops close in the past 2-3 years,I am one of the fortunate ones that my shop is still open,for now.This has been building for about 6 years now and is coming to a head.

So I am pleading to you for my sake and your sake,buy American whenever possible.It isn't that we need to stop trade,because trade can benefit us all but IT MUST BE FARE AND EQUAL or we will all get the shaft in the long run.12.6 billion isn't equal and neither is 30 million.

I will climb down off my soap box now.

Quick Reply: U.S.A. products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.