Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Merry Christmas to ... ME!!! Santa gives MQ1shooter one for the books! >

Merry Christmas to ... ME!!! Santa gives MQ1shooter one for the books!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Merry Christmas to ... ME!!! Santa gives MQ1shooter one for the books!

Old 12-28-2003, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Merry Christmas to ... ME!!! Santa gives MQ1shooter one for the books!

Joy, elation, respect, and relief swept over me as I knelt down and wrapped my hands around this brute's antlers December 26th. It was the sixth time I had watched him from one of my stands, as I first spotted him at 50 yards, then 40, then 30 (he came out on the wrong side of some brush), 150 (trying to outsmart him, and he came out at the same place he did when I had him at 30), 10 (after shooting light), and finally 15 paces, after relocating my stand for yet a fourth time in my efforts to collect this guy.

I've never hunted a single buck so hard, nor more consistently in my life. I saw this guy the day after taking my nine-pointer earlier this year (http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=424700), and have been on him hard ever since. He's a main-frame 5x5, with kickers coming off his brows to make him a 12-pointer. I'll have my taxidermist put a tape to him in a couple days when I take his cape over to him (he's in the cooler at the processor right now) and I'll let you guys know what he scores. The guys at the check-in station were guessing from 150-160, though I think that's a tad high. I'll be perfectly happy if he makes 140 (that's what I had estimated him at in the field). Regardless, he's truly a magnificient, beautiful animal, with gnarly bases that I can just get my hands around, and incredible symmetry. He is truly a buck I would have been willing to hunt my whole lifetime for, and I thank God I was privileged enough to take him.

Old 12-28-2003, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Merry Christmas to ... ME!!! Santa gives MQ1shooter one for the books!

Nice buck MQ1!!!, When u get some time post the story id liek to read it. Where did u hit him ? I would of missed i bet , due to shaking out of the tree!
Old 12-28-2003, 02:40 PM

Default RE: Merry Christmas to ... ME!!! Santa gives MQ1shooter one for the books!

That is one great buck!!! Congratulations!!!
That one is definitely worth waiting for.

RoyD
Old 12-28-2003, 03:10 PM

Nice buck! I'll be looking for a late-season buck the next two weeks.

Looks to me like he should net close to 150, maybe a little better. Who cares what he scores though, he's awesome! Congrats.

Tyler
Old 12-28-2003, 03:19 PM

I'd say 145" or so - very nice. Did ya'll age him ? Priavte land I'm guessing ? Amazing how big deer can live through gun season huh ?
Old 12-28-2003, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Awesome.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:57 PM

That truely is a great looking buck. I don't give a frogs fat one what it scores........he is AWESOME!!!!!!

Good job. Glad to see your persistence paid off
Old 12-28-2003, 03:58 PM

Nice Job!! That is a great looking buck. Congrats on a great deer.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:55 PM

Whoopie! Mq1shooter, what else needs be said!
Old 12-28-2003, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Whoo Hoooo! Way to go! I just had the feeling you were gonna get that ole boy! Man, thats a great buck and to get him this late in the season is wow! What's his spread? Looks like a 150" buck to me! Nice pics.

Greg, I saw the same buck I am after now for the 4th time this evening, the one that caught me climbing down the tree a couple of weeks ago. Hope to do the same as you in the next few days.

Quick Reply: Merry Christmas to ... ME!!! Santa gives MQ1shooter one for the books!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.