Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Raven Wear

Old 12-27-2003, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default Raven Wear

I am in the market for some good cold weather hunting clothes. Has anyone used or heard of Ravenwear. They make a bow hunting outfit. It sounds a little pricey at about 650.00. However, they custom fit the clothing for you. No more buying this s,m,L,XXL stuff. Thanks for any replies.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:10 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Default RE: Raven Wear

$650 bucks??? no kidding. If you find out that there are really a lot of people who would pay this much for a bowhunting outfit, I might be pulling my wifes sewing machine out. That's retarded. I Thought I was getting a litle extravagent when I dropped 60 bucks on a pair of Browning 800 gram boots this year. They are pak boots and took a little getting used to because they are rather large, but even when the temperature dropped down to the low 20's and the wind was blowing in the stand, my feet were fine. What the hell, if you want to spend it....it's your money, not mine.

David
Old 12-27-2003, 10:29 PM
Dominant Buck

However, they custom fit the clothing for you. No more buying this s,m,L,XXL stuff. Thanks for any replies.
Oh yeh...that's a real big problem.... knowing if you're small, med. or large. And then having to remember it again at the next purchase. I'll sell you some custom fit socks and hankies if you're in the market. Socks are onl $60 and hankies are $20... 100 percent pure polyester.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

They custom fit you a vest, bibs, multi pocket jacket, etc. made from a fleece like material. You guys make fun of the expense but hey, look how much a pair of bibs cost you 100.00 minimum. then are they quite? a good jacket with multi pockets 150.00 minimum, then is it quite? a good vest will cost you ?? well buy the times its all said and done you have pieced several different items together and then they probably don't fit you well. I didn't post this originally to be prodded on but to inquire if anyone uses there products!! thanks!!!! P.S. why don't you check out there products before you make snide comments. they might be of interest to you as well.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:24 PM

HMM ive always bought my hunting cloths a little bigger so as to be able to wear layers during these cold michigan winters, now let me get this right you want info on HUNTING clothing yet you say the custom taylor them for you, so i guess you have to go to there for a fitting, now how much would that trip alone cost ya, next why would you want taylored clothing if you look up the definitive meaning of camo clothing they are supposed to be loose fitting as to add to the camo effect, seems to me 650 is a bit much for clothing you gonna get dirty ripped an only wear in the woods if it was me i'd be lookin else where an save the money for some much needed gear like a scent lok suit
Old 12-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Evidently somebody is buying this clothing. I saw jay gregory advertising them on I believe adventure bound outdoors. His point about the taylor made clothing is that if your lucky enough to have a wife that hunts it can be hard to find clothes to fit petite women. As far as the tayloring of the clothing I have not ordered any but I think you send measurements into them. The clothing does seem pricey to me but staying warm on those cold days which would allow me to hunt longer may be worth it. Has anyone else looked at there site. http://www.ravenwear.ca/outerware.htm.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:42 PM

Save your $$'s. You kinda remind me of the fella that goes out & buys all the expensive golf clubs and accutrements to boot. Then he dribbles one off the 1st. tee and ask for a mulligan. I'm serious and not knocking you, layer yourself with reasonably priced layers. Save the $$'s to take your sweety out for dinner so she'll feel like your next trip to the whitetail playground is OK! DEAR!
Old 12-28-2003, 06:04 PM

Save yourself some money and order some MT050 Whitetail Extreme clothing from Cabela's. You'll save about $250, and you'll get some great quality, warm, and dry clothing. Three years ago, some buddies and I went to Manitoba on a deer hunt. About half of us ordered the MT050 stuff from Cabela's, and about half ponied up and ordered from Ravenwear. During the entire week, the temps never got above 15F, with pre-dawn temps dipping into the -20 to-30 range. Neither the MT050 wearers nor the Ravenwear wearers got cold. The Ravenwear wearers did feel a bit cheated at the amount they paid, however. Ravenwear is quality clothing, don't let me mislead you otherwise. But, for less money, in my opinion, you can get just as good a quality out of the MT050 Whitetail Extreme stuff from Cabela's.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:11 PM
Dominant Buck

But, for less money, in my opinion, you can get just as good a quality out of the MT050 Whitetail Extreme
But it ain't CUSTOM made.[8D]
Old 12-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I aint ever seen Jay Gregory on Adventure Bound
Outdoors but owell I coulda missed one!

Quick Reply: Raven Wear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.