Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First real wallhanger!!!!!!!! >

First real wallhanger!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First real wallhanger!!!!!!!!

Old 12-25-2003, 11:32 AM

Default First real wallhanger!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, I got my first real wallhanger last night. This thing is huge!!!!! There's points everywhere.

I think I finally got over my target panic. I shoot a York Avanti 2000 bow, 70 lbs, 30" draw, shooting 31" 2514 shafts with Thunderhead 100 broadheads. Oh, and I shoot fingers.

The only problem is this fat guy in a red suit has been banging on my door all night and yelling at the top of his lungs. He's kind of scary so I haven't opened the door and I can't tell what he's ranting about. Something about making rounds and shooting HIS deer. Of all the nerve. That deer was on MY property and making all kinds of racket. I still haven't figured out how he got up on my roof, but he didn't stay there. I was kind of groggy from sleep and I thought I saw more than one, but I shot the lead one because he was the biggest and had some kind of red light the just lit him up really good for a shot. He didn't move at all.

Anyway, it must have caused such a commotion from that fat guy yelling all night that Santa didn't visit. There were no presents under the tree this year. Come to think of it, there was a railroad car load of coal in the front yard this morning. Wonder how that got there!?!? Oh well, I'm looking forward to having some good steaks and can't wait to get the head mounted.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!
Old 12-25-2003, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: First real wallhanger!!!!!!!!

Nice post, Danny!

Merry CHRISTmas right back at ya, and to everyone else as well!
Old 12-25-2003, 02:14 PM

OMG!!! Danny I think you might have shot a reign deer
Old 12-26-2003, 07:59 PM

You didn't shoot it up the chimney did you?!?!
Old 12-26-2003, 08:08 PM

Great post Danny. Anything to break the tension of the last few days in the 2003 Deer season. Atleast here in NC.

Merry Christmas..........
Old 12-27-2003, 05:41 AM
nub

but I shot the lead one because he was the biggest and had some kind of red light the just lit him up really good for a shot.
This will disallow him from the book.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:21 AM
Banned

Great posting Danny. I've pased it along via email. S
Old 12-27-2003, 06:28 PM

Thanks guys. Just trying to bring a smile to ya. I hope you had a great Christmas. Good luck with the rest of deer season, and have a Happy New Year!!!!
Old 12-27-2003, 11:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

True story . . . many years ago, I was bowhunting on Christmas Eve and just before it was too dark to shoot a small deer came in. I was using the old cobra pendulum sight with the red light tip which was battery operated. I turned the light on and then drew when the deer passed behind a tree. When it stepped out on the other side, the red light was lined up with the tip of it's nose! Two seconds later, the sight was repositioned and the heart shot deer went 30 yards before piling up.

It was in a residential area and it felt kind of funny dragging out the deer while seeing families in their houses celebrating Christmas!
Old 12-28-2003, 12:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

If he shot it up the chimny, shouldn't he have waited for a better shot?

Quick Reply: First real wallhanger!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.