Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What gets you pumped >

What gets you pumped

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What gets you pumped

Old 12-27-2003, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What gets you pumped

A deep gutteral bugle echoing through the canyon at first light. I cant hear elk bugle enough.................Bulls ,bugles, boggs and black timber
Old 12-27-2003, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The thing that gets me going is watching the animal come in, right into your set up. Seeing him for the first time, and then the anticipation of him coming into range. Generally I lose most of the adrenaline when the animal is in range until after the shot, but after the arrow is sent, or bullet is triggered off, it all culminates and that rush is hard to beat!
Old 12-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Dominant Buck

For me it's the sounds of a deer walking in on you unseen but you hear it walking in the dry or frozen leaves.
That would get me pumped too,... but I haven't heard a deer walking on frozen leaves since 1068. Len ran 20 past me this morning. They stopped about 75 yards out and tried to figure out what to do. Then he came over the hill and they galloped by at 55 yards. I still couldn't hear them. I get pumped when I hear TWACK.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would have to say that I really get pumped when I can hear something coming thru the woods but you cant see it. Man the suspense kills me.[]
Old 12-28-2003, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

I get pumped whenever its time to go huntin!
Deer season is winding down and Im lookin forward to spring turkey!
I love it all!!!!
Jerry
Old 12-28-2003, 10:35 AM

Just being in the woods gets me pumped and hearing my 6 year old daughter say " dad you need to shoot another deer I want some venison"....
Old 12-28-2003, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

pre season scouting and finding a new area for the first time that you think is gonna be the hot spot. no pressures just dreams of big bucks and the anticipation of opening day
Old 12-28-2003, 03:55 PM

From the moment that they come in until the time they leave. With or without my arrow Also the sound of a deer feeding on acorns right behind me.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:26 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

I gotta put myself into the EVERYTHING catagory. I've heard squirrel I was sure were deer. Deer I was sure were people. people I figured must be dogs, a pig I was sure was a turkey..and no matter what I think it is my heart beats so hard it makes me feel like I'm gonna vomit. Or having a couple deer come busting thru with dogs on their butt. Damn I love it all. Sometimes even being out there in the woods and having a hunter come "stalking thru" and he never sees me. I love hunting. Love it all.

David
Old 12-28-2003, 11:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

When they're walking on a trail that you know is going to put them in range and offer you a good shot. Trying to remain calm can sometimes be difficult at the moment of truth.

Quick Reply: What gets you pumped

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.