Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What gets you pumped >

What gets you pumped

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What gets you pumped

Old 12-25-2003, 04:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default What gets you pumped

While sitting in a tree bowhunting what gets you excited the most during the hunt? For me it's the sounds of a deer walking in on you unseen but you hear it walking in the dry or frozen leaves. You know it's close cause you hear it. If it is a fast walk you fear it will get by you before you can do anything and if you move too quick it might spot you as you know not where it precisly is.
While walking the dog this morning and hearing her walking on the frozen grass had me reaching for the bow .

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
Old 12-25-2003, 07:51 AM

Default RE: What gets you pumped

Peak of the rut. Sitting on the edge of a foodplot watching a bunch of does grazing. Then boom you look back over and their is a monster and hes walking right at you. That gets the ol ticker ticken.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Having one sneak in from behind. Or looking one way than another and when you look back to where you were looking, there is a deer standing there in the open and you wonder how in the world did he get there.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:33 AM
CG

Here's an observation from a ground pounder........"sitting in a tree" and "pumped" should not be in the same sentence! .........Just kidding......Merry Christmas!!!!
Old 12-25-2003, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

when i see what is coming to me making all that noise....
Old 12-26-2003, 03:00 PM

WHEN MY SON, JOE CALLS AND ASK' HEY DAD HOW ABOUT A HUNT'?
Old 12-26-2003, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

What gets me pumped......hhhmmmmm......Oh thats easy, When you're hearing something comming towards you and YOU CAN'T SEE IT! They keep coming and you can't identify it. I hunt alot of thick stuff and often you can't see anything until its 15 yards away. But you can hear it from 50. Fox, squirrels, coyotes, raccoons, turkeys....they all get me pumped!
Old 12-27-2003, 02:02 AM

Two things get me going and thats when I get to identify what I am hearing. Although the antisipation grows and just birst out in the darn shakes when I accually see the animal. And the other is when I am on the ground and for now apparent reason there goes a deer busting through the brush from someplace that I just looked. And I dont know if it worse when I get a glimse of it or when I dont get to see it at all.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:07 AM

When I pause in the middle of a rattling sequence and hear a deer runnng but cant spot it. One other thing is sitting on stand and hearing a loud grunt that you cant pinpoint.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:18 AM

It is the soft grunt from a doe or the deep grunt of a buck that really picks me up quicker than anything , I love to hear a deer running towards me too. The sounds of antlers banging together and the sight of a doe running from a buck in rut. Watching the fog rise on a early October morning to uncover a huge buck feeding near my stand, I could go on but you get the idea.

Quick Reply: What gets you pumped

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.