Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 AZ senator blocking archery import tax bill, & will cost 350 Easton Archery jobs >

AZ senator blocking archery import tax bill, & will cost 350 Easton Archery jobs

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

AZ senator blocking archery import tax bill, & will cost 350 Easton Archery jobs

Old 12-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: AZ senator blocking archery import tax bill, & will cost 350 Easton Archery jobs

This makes me rethink about the potential purchase of a new bow that I have been contimplating. I will send in my concerns to my congressman
Better think about a horse and buggy too as half your present car is made overseas. Just about anything you buy is filled with pieces from foreign shores. I believe PSE still makes their bows here.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:20 AM
TWC

Default RE: AZ senator blocking archery import tax bill, & will cost 350 Easton Archery jobs

ORIGINAL: davidmil

This makes me rethink about the potential purchase of a new bow that I have been contimplating. I will send in my concerns to my congressman
Better think about a horse and buggy too as half your present car is made overseas. Just about anything you buy is filled with pieces from foreign shores. I believe PSE still makes their bows here.
Yes I realize this David, but the vehicle I drive is an International Travelall. I can't say that it is 100% American made, but I think pretty much close to that. I try to be very conscious about the purchases I make. Particulary when it comes to making purchases involving my heritage. Alot of times I find myself paying a little more (sometimes much more) just to make sure it was made in America. I know this can't always be avoided, but I feel compelled to stick to my principles.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:21 AM

As far as I'm concerned if hunting equipment manufactures are moving out of the US to not pay taxes and as a result don't support the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service fund as Precision Shooting Equipment Inc. has done I won't buy their products, plain and simple.

I'll do my part to offset that 12.5% tax with a loss of market share.

This article says alot about Easton and their principles and I will continue to buy their products (until they move out of the US).
Old 12-30-2003, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why in hell would this idiot block this legislation?
Kickbacks and "politicking." Lobist in his pocket.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Spike

Just one of the reasons I switched from selling AFC's. They used to be made here in Minnesota - now overseas. Switched to Blackhawk Vapors - seems to be a good shaft and the price is good too. I just hate to see that made in Korea, etc. on products.