HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   AZ senator blocking archery import tax bill, & will cost 350 Easton Archery jobs (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/47170-az-senator-blocking-archery-import-tax-bill-will-cost-350-easton-archery-jobs.html)

davidmil 12-26-2003 09:54 PM

RE: AZ senator blocking archery import tax bill, & will cost 350 Easton Archery jobs

This makes me rethink about the potential purchase of a new bow that I have been contimplating. I will send in my concerns to my congressman
Better think about a horse and buggy too as half your present car is made overseas. Just about anything you buy is filled with pieces from foreign shores. I believe PSE still makes their bows here.

TWC 12-29-2003 07:20 AM

RE: AZ senator blocking archery import tax bill, & will cost 350 Easton Archery jobs

ORIGINAL: davidmil

This makes me rethink about the potential purchase of a new bow that I have been contimplating. I will send in my concerns to my congressman
Better think about a horse and buggy too as half your present car is made overseas. Just about anything you buy is filled with pieces from foreign shores. I believe PSE still makes their bows here.
Yes I realize this David, but the vehicle I drive is an International Travelall. I can't say that it is 100% American made, but I think pretty much close to that. I try to be very conscious about the purchases I make. Particulary when it comes to making purchases involving my heritage. Alot of times I find myself paying a little more (sometimes much more) just to make sure it was made in America. I know this can't always be avoided, but I feel compelled to stick to my principles.

jroot 12-29-2003 08:21 AM

As far as I'm concerned if hunting equipment manufactures are moving out of the US to not pay taxes and as a result don't support the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service fund as Precision Shooting Equipment Inc. has done I won't buy their products, plain and simple.

I'll do my part to offset that 12.5% tax with a loss of market share.

This article says alot about Easton and their principles and I will continue to buy their products (until they move out of the US).

farmcntry 12-30-2003 10:20 AM

Why in hell would this idiot block this legislation?
Kickbacks and "politicking." Lobist in his pocket.

vERN 01-02-2004 08:48 PM

Just one of the reasons I switched from selling AFC's. They used to be made here in Minnesota - now overseas. Switched to Blackhawk Vapors - seems to be a good shaft and the price is good too. I just hate to see that made in Korea, etc. on products.