Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer runing into things that don't give. >

Deer runing into things that don't give.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer runing into things that don't give.

Old 12-23-2003, 06:40 AM

Default RE: Deer runing into things that don't give.

wrongway that happened to me about a week ago except the deer did hit my truck ,i saw it coming so i swerved into the left lane (oncoming) good thing no one was coming! my wife freaked!! the deer ran off ,it left some snot on my fender and scratched the pinstripe other than that i made out good no dent or nothing , dumb ass deer !
Old 12-23-2003, 07:35 AM

The 8-pointer I killed this year hopped, then stood there after I arrowed him. Once his legs got wobbly, he tried to run and did a face plant into a water oak. It broke his jaw and knocked out a couple of teeth. Buddy of mine shot a doe with a muzzleloader and she broke her neck running into a tree.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quite a few years ago, I remember where 4 or 5 deer jumped through the big glass window at the front of the local K-Mart. 1 died from glass cuts and a couple others had to be put down.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:36 AM

About two years ago I was walking to my truck during gun season. I look in the field and there is a nice buck. I attempt a stalk and failed. As the deer took off through the field I shot. I went to look for blood, nothing. I look over to the edge and there he is. I looked for a bullet hole and there wasn't a scratch on him. He had hit a tree and broke his neck.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: willtill

Well, this dispels the notion that deer are graceful.....
They are very graceful. Watch one jump a fence at close range and you might not even hear it. But like every other animal they can make a mistake.

I kicked two does up and they headed for a farm fence and the first one caught the fence with her back leggs and pulled it down. Best I can figure is that the fence looked shorter to the following deer because it sprang back up and she got both front leggs in it and fell in a tangled heap. She quickly got up and was gone, no worse for the wear. I laughed out loud and was happy for the privilage to see a rare sight of mother nature goofing up.

I read somewhere once that humans are the only animals that blush..
or need to
Old 12-24-2003, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

About 10 years ago, during "the year of the ice", I watched a group of 3 bucks attempt to travel down a hillside that was covered with very thick ice. I could see all 3 of them spreading their legs wide and saw their eyes get big as they "sledded" down the hill. The one in the front--a 6 point--ran smack into a large oak tree near the bottom of the hill. I had to muffle my laughter.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:51 AM

I could see all 3 of them spreading their legs wide and saw their eyes get big as they "sledded" down the hill.
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! I'd love to been able to see that!.....

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland
Old 12-24-2003, 08:11 AM

i shot a doe as she was running across a feild to jump a fences she died before making it to the fence but still slammed into it the barbed wired strechted and sent her flying backwards through the air like she had just ran into a trampoline
Old 12-24-2003, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

One of them Monster Bucks video show a guy hunting in Canada, I believe, that shoots a big buck with a rifle, the deer takes off running and runs full steam into a huge tree, head first. Even the camera man laughed.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:55 AM

There is a huge bridge about an hour away from my house. Last year 7 deer were running down the bridge and the light turned green and when the traffic started to come, they all jumped about 100 feet to their deaths. I figured the ground didn't give too much.

Quick Reply: Deer runing into things that don't give.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.